Chapter 3: Peter

I awoke early the morning after the perfect date I had last night with Atlantia. I always enjoy watching her light up as she watched a new movie or as she swam in the ocean. She seemed so relaxed and she deserved to feel that way since her childhood was the opposite. I hope I would be able to treat her to
more experiences like that because she deserves it.

Anyway, that morning I took the time to pack my suitcase because I forgot to pack it before today. Atlantia had reminded me several times but I told her I had done it this past weekend so don't tell her. I was debating whether or not I should take my suit when suddenly a banana hits my shoulder. I jump back and see May staring at me covering her mouth shocked but also trying hard not to laugh even though it wasn't working.

"Oh...so sorry." May says laughing, "I thought you could sense that with your Peter-tingle."

"Please do not start calling it my Peter-tingle," I say cringing.

"So, what's up? You can dodge bullets but not bananas?" May asks concerned.

"No, I just really need this vacation. Atlantia and I really need this vacation. We both need a break. Tony even told me that Atlantia's weird pain from her powers may be caused partly from stress." I admit. May smiles at me and comes to wrap her arms around me.

"You deserve it," She whispers in my ear, "You both do." She releases me but not before rubbing my shoulders comfortably. "Yeah," May turns around and gestured to my closet, "You know what? You should pack your suit, just in case. I have a tingle about it." She smirks at me before walking out the door. I groan.

"Please stop saying 'tingle', May," I call after her. I look at my suit but decide against it and just shut my suitcase and pull it to the living room where Atlantia was sitting eating breakfast.

"Morning Peter," Atlantia says smiling at me. She gestures to the kitchen counter where there were piles of plates filled with food, "I made breakfast if you want some."

"Powers or handmade?" I tease as I grab a plate. She sticks her tongue at me.

"Handmade." She responds, "I do know how to cook without my powers...do you even know how to cook?" I begin to respond but she interrupts, "That isn't microwavable or ramen?"

"Touché," I say grinning before collapsing onto the chair next to her. We continued to chat until it was time to leave for the airport. Atlantia sighed and changed her appearance so she was Alice instead of Atlantia before taking my hand as I led her to the car that was just outside our apartment building.

It was interesting as we went through security because of the whole class having to go through it at the same time. Flash wouldn't put down his camera which did not make the airport security happy and Atlantia had some problem with her passport. It was fake but it was created by Tony with a background to go along with the identity so it should have been fine. It turned out fine when Atlantia answered some questions so finally we were all able to board the plane. I was behind Mr. Harrington and could hear him asking Mr. Dell, the other teacher chaperone, which shift he wanted.

"Do you want the first shift or the second? I could take either." He was saying as we all waited for Betty Brant to put her bag up in the overhead compartment before sliding into her seat.

"Give me the third shift. I took an Ambien." Mr. Dell said already prepping his neck pillow.

"I can't chaperone these kids alone." He complained. I didn't get to hear Mr. Dell response becauase Flash called out to me from the other aisle.

"Yo, Parker! This, is called an airplane. It's like the buses you're used to except it flies over the poor neighborhoods instead of driving through them." Flash said holding a drink. Technically if this class didn't blip, they would be twenty-one. M.J. decided to point that out.