🌠Chapter 16: A New Job?

/// Timeskip...///

France, Bordeaux
Year: 2018, May
Age: 26

Your pov

"Hello? This is Miss (L/n), sorry I've been given a new phone you see."

'I destroyed another one.. Again.'

"Ah, that's alright, I'll pass you on to your corresponding boss then-"

Looking outside the wide window, you scanned the busy city below. The phone was idly ringing and this made your mind drift off (which was a rare thing these days)...

Eight years in, a busy schedule and solo missions kept you on your toes. So much so, you had to move away from your Mother in Paris, in order to be closer to work.

Life as a full-time Sorcerer wasn't anything like you had expected it to be.

In fact, looking back to how you actually believed you could relieve everyone's worries seemed hilarious to you now.

'I was so optimistic..'

There definitely was a darker side to the work, and it rounded you to be a mature woman with reasonable standards.

But if there was one thing you still held onto from your juvenile days, it would have to be your willingness to step up to any challange. No matter how difficult.

And that often got you into alot of trouble...

"(Y/n)..."

You looked at the phone in your hand and sighed, hearing the same grouchy voice.

"Ah, Madam Amère, I missed you~!" You smiled stroking Chou as he laid across the desk, "Did you hear about my recent findings?"

"Yes... I also found out about the three blocks of buildings you ended up destroying in the damn process, " Her voice was strained, "...WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?!"

'How hasn't this old hag passed on yet..?' You blinked in genuine awe, 'A magical fountain..? Nah, more like voodoo.'

"I was thinking ahead Madam, " You sweetly responded, "I'm sure we have all the evidence that is required for the family murder case now.."

"You know very well your way of doing so was against many regulations, " She responded a little quieter, "..You're fired."

The statement made your brows come down in a furious manner, "Pardonnn..?"

"..Well technically you are--"

"..Listen up, I've been through way too much shit over the years for you to tell me such nonsense! Cut the crap--"

"--You're just being moved back to Japan.. You're no longer working for my branch.."

You sunk back into your chair rubbing your forehead, "Japan is the main headquarters for Jujutsu Sorcerers.."

"Y-Yes..."

Paris's institute was like a sister school if you were being brutally honest.

"By moving me, that's technically a promotion, " A wicked grin grew on your lips, "So I'm actually at a higher rank than you.."

"..." No responce.

"Wooow, I'll admit Amère, you had me there, nice joke.." You scoffed getting up, " ..Well, I'd like to say it was fun working for you, but it really wasn't. Adieu~"

A simple hang up was all you gave to her as a parting gift.

It's not that her appreciation would've made your time working more enriching, oh no, not at all.

You knew you were getting the job done everytime. It may have been highly destructive, but fatalities in your missions were never an occurrence.

She just made excuses to give you sanctions all the time...

"Well Chou.." The cat looked up at your bright face, "Back to Japan we go..!"

"Meow mrow.."

"Oh shit, yeah I've got to tell Mother!" You picked up the new phone, "..What was her number again..?"

///////// An explanation later...

"Oh my goodness, cherie this is such good news, " The woman sounded ecstatic for you, "When are you going? We have to celebrate beforehand!"

"I'm not sure, but I don't think anytime too soon, " You looked at a portrait of you and her, "I'll head up to Paris to see you!"

"Ah, I can't wait.." She went quiet for a little bit and you rolled your eyes...

"Mother, are you crying..?"

"W-Well, what do you expect cherie? I'm just so p-proud~!" She wailed as you held the device away from your poor ear.

'That's Mother for you..'

Congratulations! 😌🧚🏾‍♀️💞🍾🥂🧁

Thanks for reading! ❤