Either send Eniola away or let me leave with Halima of course, since she will never let me go alone but it is still a big no. I wonder how she manages not to change her mind. and sometimes I wonder if she does not understand what I am saying or if she is just trying to ignore it.

Mercy has been great, I actually thought she would bail on me, find someone better and realize that she deserves someone better than me, but no, she is still with me. Waiting for me to come back and I am really glad she found those two friends of hers.

One of these days, I will ignore my mum and go back to Nigeria. I can't keep going like this, I need to see her, touch her, hug her, kiss her, watch her eat, tinkle her, just feel her presence. The whole thing was driving me crazy.

I am sure even Kira is tired of me complaining every time during therapy but that's her job she can't complain.

...*...

"I am home."

I announced once I entered inside and walked to my room, closing the door immediately. Yeah, I have too and I am talking from experience but I have to admit she was starting to stop her acts lately and that was for the best by the way.

I laid on my bed and brought out my phone from my pocket. I unlocked it and Mercy's grinning face smiled back at me. Yeah, she was my wallpaper. I smiled and went to my gallery, it was filled with her pictures, I scrolled through looking at all of them one after the other. She was just so beautiful.

I looked at the time, it was probably around 9'oclock at Nigeria. I dialed her number on Whatsapp and waited for her to pick but she did not pick.

I called her again and again for like five times straight but she did not pick. Maybe she is not online or maybe she is sleeping. I went to her dm and texted her to call me when she comes online or wakes up.

I took off my top and laid straight on my bed trying to fall asleep but a knock distracted me.

"who is there?"

I called out still not moving from my position on the bed.

"Eniola."

What is she looking for, I wanted to tell her to go but Anu's voice rang in my head, "talk to her."

I groaned before standing up from my bed. I opened the door for her and for the first time she was not wearing too revealing clothes.

"hey." She said with a grin before stepping inside.

"I am quite surprised to see you let me in."

She added but I just ignored her. She sat down on the chair while I sat in my bed.

"what do you want?"

I asked sharply not trying to beat around the bush,

"calm down Hakeem. I just wanted to ask you, why do you hate me?"

"what?"

I asked surprised,

"I said why do you hate me? We were friends before, close friends but now you are either glaring at me or not even listening to me."

Okay this is good. It will be easier to tell her to leave me alone because I have a girlfriend.

"I do not hate you. You keep throwing yourself to me but I have a girlfriend that I love so I have to avoid you. Please stop making me uncomfortable. I am begging you."

"but she is in Nigeria, I am here with you in the states, even if we do anything, she won't know."

"please Eniola, respect yourself. I thought I could talk to you."

I stood up and walked to the door, I held the knob but was suddenly stopped, she was holding my hands, I looked at her only to see her naked, wait when did she take off her clothes?

"what the fuck is this Eniola?"

I asked looking at anywhere but her, she was naked except from her underwear which was hiding nothing,

"please, I love you Hakeem. Just once."

I groaned and opened the door,

"get out of my room, before I open my eyes, get out."

I said closing my eyes,

"one... two... thr.."

I was cut off by her, she placed her lips on mine, shit what the fuck?

I pushed her but she kept coming closer,

When I could not take it anymore I pushed her and regretfully instead of falling to the floor in pain she fell to the bed,

"fuck wh...."

Before I could complete my sentence, the door opened. I turned to look at who it was and it just happened to be Mercy.

I blinked hard and looked again and like I said before it was Mercy. What is she doing here? I watched as she looked at Eniola who was on the bed now striking poses making her get the wrong ideas and now her gaze was back at me staring like she did years ago.

That gaze of hatred, betrayal, and it hurts to be back at the receiving end of that look just because of this cunning bitch, shit, she misinterpreted everything. I moved closer, shifting away from the bed but she just walked out and closed the door.

What do I do now? How do I explain that it is not like she saw it? I know Mercy and this is what she hates the most.

I ran out of the room after her and pulled her hands but she pulled back immediately,

"is this what you do now? Your new course?"

Wait.. what?

"it is a misunderstanding, you know I will never do anything to hurt you. Please. Listen to me just let me explain."

"what else do you want to say? I came all the way here because of you only to meet what? You and your so hated Eniola in bed naked?"

"I pushed her, she tried to kissed me but I pushed her and she so happens to fall in my bed."

I explained begging her to just please believe me but I know she doesn't her whole look shows that she does not.

"do you think I will believe? Does that even make sense?"

"trust me that was what happened."

"stop lying!"

She screamed, tears falling from her eyes. She turned and started to walk away. Who would have thought that the next time after a year it would be like this? Watching her leave felt more painful than anything that I have ever felt.

I ran after her and pulled her into a hug,

"please just believe me."

this Eniola ehn,

just causing trouble, look at what she has done?

my poor Mercy, will she believe him?

we all know she has trust issues so what are the possibilities of her believing.

what will Hakeem do?

and he sure made a mistake closing his eyes.

love y'all

vote, share and comment to friends.

Eniola 💗