Mason's howl interrupted their conversation about their little brother's love life.

"By that howl I think he's got the scent." Justin pointed a finger towards Mason, stating the obvious.
"Let's go!" He broke out on a run as Mason lead the way, Alex, Max and Athena going after him.

"If my mom asks, I'm doing homework!" Athena yelled as they walked down the stairs.

"Like she does her homework." Harper mumbled, throwing herself back on the couch.

⋆⋆⋆

The group of six went straight to the portal in the Russo lair, traveling somewhere Athena never thought she'd set foot in.

Transylvania.

The place where the majority of the monsters originated from.

The sound of crickets chirping and fire cracking in the torches that illuminated the place made a chill ran down the blonde girl's spine. She tightened her grip around Max's arm when they abruptly stopped walking and Mason ran into the middle of the woods. Again.

"It's not fair. How come he gets to pee on every tree we pass and you slap me when I did it?" Max complained to his sister, who just threw him a look.

Mason emerged from behind a bush. "Oh, that's better." He sniffed the dental floss again, walking towards their party. He stopped next to Alex and kissed her cheek.

"Awe." Athena let out quietly.

"Ohh. Hey, I've been meaning to ask you something." Alex started. "I thought when a werewolf kissed a non-werewolf they turn into a werewolf."

"That's only with mutts. I'm a purebred." Mason explained proudly, going back to sniffing afterwards.

"Oh. Did you hear that, Justin? My boyfriend's a purebred." Alex scoffed.

The Russo boy just rolled his eyes, following after Mason as he started to walk again.

"This is the strangest conversation I've ever been part of." Athena mumbled, looking around as the group entered a dungeon-like place. "And that's saying a lot." Max let out a small laugh before they followed after the others.

"Juliet!" Justin called out. "Juliet!" He turned to Mason. "Are you sure we're in the right place?"

The werewolf nodded. "Hard to confuse vampire breath with another scent." He kept sniffing the dental floss.

Athena frowned at the dried fountain a few feet away from them. The girl wondered if they had just walked into a trap as she looked around, but the sound of the gate they had just come through clattering made her push away her wonders. The group turned to the gate, but as she did, Athena noticed something or someone moving from behind a doorframe.

"Uh, you guys." The blonde mumbled, feeling her heart rate increasing. A few steps away from where they stood, the infamous Mummy could be seen.

Athena tightened her grip around Max's arm while debating if she should reach for her wand or not. Max gulped, his hand squeezing Athena's waist as he tried to assure her he was there with her. And himself.

"Ahh..." The Mummy took a few steps in their direction. "The young fool has finally come."

"The Mummy!" Justin yelled in warning, covering his eyes and getting down behind the empty fountain.

Max pulled Athena down with him, covering her eyes with one hand and his own with the other. The girl told herself now was not the time to think of how cute his act was.