three

⋆⋆⋆

⋆⋆⋆

When the Jones siblings entered the Waverley Substation a few days later after their magic class, they were met by a very interesting scenario.

Harper stood in the stairs that lead to the Russos' apartment gasping for air while Theresa, wearing a 'Go Harper' T-shirt with Harper's face stamped on it, held a rather large silver trophy in her hands.

"Other people should know a Russo won the marathon." She said.

"Harper is a Russo?" Athena asked no one in particular, narrowing her brows in confusion and making the Russos, Harper and Zeke turn to face her and her brothers.

"No." Alex grumbled. "She's not a Russo."

Theresa turned to her daughter. "Until one of you kids wins a marathon, she is." She declared with pointed finger at Alex. "Hey, kids." She greeted Athena, Aaron and Joshua.

The Jones said their greetings before approaching the cashier, where the rest of the group stood.

"Hey, Max." Athena smiled at him.

The boy smiled back, scratching the back of his neck and looking down before looking up again and greeting Aaron and Joshua.

"Ah, congratulations for winning the marathon, Harper." The oldest Jones smiled at the Finkle girl. She thanked him just as Max started.

"You know what I'm gonna do for you?" Max pointed a finger at Harper. "I'm going to make you my special after-marathon-get-relaxed smoothie." Harper smiled at him. "Herbal tea, warm milk and a jasmine-scented candle." The smile fell from Harper's face.

"Did he just say candle?" Aaron asked his brother in a whisper, not taking his eyes from Max.

Joshua nodded discreetly, his arms crossed over this chest. "I think he did." He whispered back.

"But Max, you're not allowed to play with candles anymore." Harper argued, making the Jones wonder what happened for him to be forbidden to deal with candles.

Max glanced to the kitchen where his mom was. "Or a blender, so shut up about it." He blurted out nervously before turning his attention to the Jones siblings. "Thena, wanna help me?"

Athena felt her cheeks warming up at the nickname, but quickly brushed off.  Aaron and Joshua exchanged a glance. "Yeah." She started to make her way to the kitchen with Max when, out of the sudden, a groaning person wearing a green ET mask entered the restaurant and fell on the ground.

The person squeezed their water bottle in their face, spraying the mask with water, before getting up and stumbling towards one of the restaurant's tables.

"Justin, you made it." Zeke started.

"That's Justin?" Athena questioned with a worried voice. Harper nodded, also confused by Justin's situation.