Chapter 8

"....yeah. It'll only be one night, you'll be okay, right?...okay, I'll see you tomorrow." Caitlin got off the call and turned toward Cisco.
"Okay, so what's the plan?"
"I told him I'm staying at your house for the night. We'll see where he goes and....take it from there, I guess." She shrugged her shoulders.
"Very foolproof."
She gave him a look and he sighed.
"Why would you even go after him? What if he's not hiding anything and you're overreacting? What if we follow him and he catches us?"
"Cisco! I need to know. After Jay, or I guess Hunter Zoloman, I need to know...I really like him, and I just don't want to get into something that can break me later on."
Cisco held on to his friend's shoulder,
"You have nothing to worry about, I'm sure. But we should get Barry just in case."
"You're right. Having a speedster would help."
Around 10pm, Cisco and Caitlin met at Barry's apartment.
"So, you guys think Savitar's hiding something?" Iris asked after they explained everything.
"Guys, that's ridiculous. He's really changed." Barry stated.
"I hope. But he's been going out late at night and returning early in the morning. It's better to be safe than sorry."
"I'll come, not because I think he's bad, but because I want you to have closure." Barry said and turned toward Iris and kissed her goodbye.
"Be safe!" She called out as they left.

Barry, Caitlin and Cisco drove to Caitlin's house and waited behind bushes.
"I don't think he gonna co-" before Cisco could finish his sentence, Savitar himself opened the house door and glanced around.
"We shouldn't follow too close," Caitlin whispered.
"Cisco, why don't you go to Cait's house and find out if you can vibe anything from his any of his belongings. Caitlin and I will go follow him."
Cisco saluted like a navy officer taking commands and walked out of the bushes they were hiding in.
Barry turned to Caitlin,
"You ready for this?"
"As I'll ever be," she took a deep breath in and out.
Barry carried her and sped off to follow Savitar.
After a few seconds, he stopped and set her down beside him.
"He's here somewhere, sorry I couldn't be exact. We're being discreet and well, honestly he's faster than me."
She patted him on the shoulder,
"Don't worry, thank you....this place. It feels familiar."
"I feel like I know what you're talking about. Wait..." he grabbed her and ran to an abandoned warehouse.
"This is where Savitar kept you, remember?" He asked her.
"Yeah, you're right, his old lair. What's he doing here though?" As she thought of possible scenarios, her heart started to beat a bit faster. Not being able to turn back, they walked in.
It was cold, for Barry anyways. He shivered, but Caitlin couldn't feel a thing. They walked into the same room where Cisco was held captive and they saw loads of machinery and plans laid out.
They spilt up to cover more ground and within a few moments, Barry whispered,
"Caitlin. Look at this," he handed her a paper dated only a few weeks ago. The same day Savitar told Caitlin he was out looking for houses.
"He-he's still been working on his plans...after everything we've done for him." She started to tear up when she heard someone walking into the room.
"Cait," Savitar held out his hands to calm her down.
"No. Stop."
"What is this, Savitar?" Barry questioned in disbelief.
"Look, why don't we go home and sort this out? Please."
"No, you lied to me," she cried, "every time you told me you were going out for a 'run', this is where you were, wasn't it?"
"Look, I can explain."
She crossed her arms and waited.
"It's true, I did continue to work on my plans after I joined the team. I wanted to get rid of the pain, Cait! And I thought the only way to do that was to exist in every timeline and every moment. I didn't trust the team, I mean why would anyone of you want to help me? I tried to kill all of you! You left me once, what proof was there that you wouldn't do it again. But afterwards...after the party and you, I realized it was stupid. So I came back to destroy everything. That's all."
He moved closer to Caitlin, who took a step back, tears fallen down her rosy cheeks.
"Savitar, we meant nothing but kindness when we asked you to join the group. It just....hurts to know that you couldn't trust us. Me. I-I can't."
"Caitlin, you don't understand. You guys rejected me for not being him," he pointed to Barry. "I couldn't just forget that!"
"He's right you know," Barry said softly, "he was hurt and alone. The team shunned him, I'm sorry for that, Savitar, I never got to tell you that."
Savitar nodded in appreciation, Caitlin just glared at him.
"Barry! Can't you see?" She turned to Savitar, "you said you couldn't forget how we drove you away. But we forgot everything you did. Wanting to kill Iris, wanting to hurt our loved ones. You were....you were a monster, yet we forgave you!"
Savitar felt a pain in his chest that he hadn't felt in a long time. Knowing that the one person he cared most about hated him made him hate himself.
"Caitlin, you out of everyone should understand. It's not like I wanted to hurt you, any of you, I was just looking out for myself."
"What do you mean, I should understand? Yes, I made some bad decisions, but at the end of the day, I never lied."
"Cait," was all Savitar could whisper. He was heartbroken, but some part of his conscience told him he deserved it all, for all the pain he's caused.
Caitlin, on the other hand, was dumbstruck. She trusted Savitar and after everything she's been through, and all the pain others have caused her, this was the last straw.
"Barry, let's go," Caitlin said heartbroken.
Savitar watched as Caitlin and Barry walked away and pushed out his sadness. He threw all the paper on the floor and accidently broke a chair in anger.
——————————————————————————————————————