2: Hatred

*Jack Pov*

   "Wait what?!"

   I reread the email about five times before I believed it, my mouth open the whole time. Corbyn just stared at me patiently, waiting for me to tell him what it said.

   "It's from Brando Music Camp," I began. "They said that they were still deliberating about the 20th place on the program and now they have chosen. It's me!"

   "What?!"

   "I know! I can't believe this." Corbyn jumped up and I joined him, jumping around the room like crazy kids. We laughed and Corbyn gave me a hug.

   "Wow! I'm so happy Jack. We get to go to the camp together. This is all I ever wanted."

   "Me too! Only one more month to wait."

*Your Pov*

I received another email with the final updated list of the students attending the program.

Another reason why I'm letting my mum force me to go is because my three best friends are also going. Jonah, Zach and Daniel who live in America are coming too. I've known them all since I was little because my mum used to live in America so we would go on road trips there all the time. It's basically my second home since we're always there. My mum grew up with all of their mom's so that's why we were all brought together. I'm excited to see them again and live with them at the music camp.

   I opened my email and read the updated list to see one new name. Jack Avery. Jack Avery? JACK AVERY!

   "Hello?" As soon as I read that disgusting name, I picked up my phone and rang Jonah, who is my closest friend out of the three.

   "You alright?"

   "No, not really. I just found out that Jack Avery is going to be at the camp," I told him, still shocked that someone so talentless as him could make the program.

   "Jack? Oh my gosh. Y/n I hope this won't be a problem."

   "A problem?! Of course it's going to be a problem! My mortal enemy Jack Avery is going to be there." I've known Jack for about a year. Ever since I met him, we've hated each other with a passion and I don't see that changing any time soon.

   "What happened between you two again?"

   "It doesn't matter," I mumbled.

   "Look, you'll just have to try to ignore him. Stay out of his way and it'll be fine. You only have to stay there a month anyway, if you get into the uni."

   "Yeah true. Okay I guess I'll stay away from him. It should be easy since I don't want to see him anyway." Jonah laughed. Even though I'm annoyed I have to see him again, I'll have to suck it up - only because I don't want to ruin anyone's chances and opportunities.

***

   The month went fast. Before I knew it, I was in a taxi on the way to the camp. I live around 2 hours from the camp so it wasn't a long journey compared to people from all around the world who will be attending the program. Jonah, Zach and Daniel have to take two flights so they, like most people who live abroad, won't be arriving until late tonight.

   "Good afternoon Y/n Y/l/n," the manager greeted me as I walked through the front door into the lobby.

   "Afternoon."

   "I'm Mr G, the manager of Bando Music Studios and camp. Welcome to my studio and the program." He smiled at me and lead me over to the reception desk.