A drop of love for my unfortunate soul

It's the year of 1959 and it's like everyone around me is finding some sort of love. I'm one of those unfortunate ones that haven't found a drop of love any where. I always worry that there's some thing wrong with my image, and maybe I don't notice because I'm used to my image and I can't tell the difference but my mother always tells me I'm beautiful.

I believe her. But eventually I start to doubt it. I've never been asked to a dance by a single guy. Not one. Okay maybe one but he's not that popular. He's kind of dorky and annoying.

His name is Michael. But they call him Mike. He hasn't left me alone since seventh grade. I get made fun of when ever he gives me cards. Flowers are the worst. My face gets all red and I have to try to hide it. He confuses embarrassment with shyness.

The New Guy

It's only Tuesday! One of the days I fear. Mike usually brings me something, If not today than tomorrow. But the suspense is killing me.

I breathed deeply, hoping he hasn't brought me anything. I walked down the hall towards my locker, so far no sign of mike. I started to feel relief.

Relief was ripped from my chest. He was waiting for me by my locker. I walked casually to my locker. Pretending to half notice him.

"Hey Alli bird," He smiled at me. I opened my locker blocking him.

"It's Alli, I told you not to call me that."

"Oh yeah, sorry," He said stepping around to the other side. I looked up at him. For the shortest second a strange expression came across his face, and it horrified me. I turned around and headed for the girls bathroom. He followed me, but of course went no further when I got to the bathroom.

I imagined the look that came on his face while he looked at me. It was dark. He looked like he just was full of dark Secrets it was hard to read. All I knew is that it was dark and it made me uncomfortable.

I waited long enough for him to be gone. I headed to first hour and the only hour I didn't have him in my class. Good thing it was a study hall. I had enough time to think of ways to avoid him.

Waiting for him to be gone almost cost me a tardy. The teacher watched me hurry in with an unpleased look. I sat down and ignored him. If I had been tardy he would have yelled at me in front of the class. It's kind of scary. The other students would be just as scared as me, the person being yelled at.

When the bell rang everyone took there homework out. I didn't. I finished it all yesterday. But I should find something to do. The teacher, Mr. Barginsfield, is watching me. I took out a piece of paper and a pencil. What should I do? Write something but what? Draw something, but what?

I put the pencil on the paper and made a line. I stared at it for a while.

"Mrs. Williams!" Mr. Barginsfield barked at me. I jumped in my seat. Just like the rest of the students.

"Yes, Mr. Barginsfield?" he was frowning at me.

"Why aren't you working?" he barked again.

"I finished all my work yesterday during my classes." I stared to say.

"Is that so?" he barked, again. I nodded.

"Bring it up here!" he barked louder. Now I was scared.

"I didn't bring it with me." I started to say. I saw his face flush red.

"What was that?" he said through his teeth.

"I didn't bring-" he cut me off.

"And why is that?!" he leaned forward in his desk. I could feel every one around. They were just as scared as if they were sitting in my seat.