There was not much work today as they are renovating your department. But you had another agenda today. Asking Samuru san to invest in Japanese volleyball which is kinda not possible as he always looks into profits.

You followed him as he left the conference room in a hurry.

"What are you up to (f/n)?"

"Where are you going?"

"Where do you think am I going?"

"To meet your future partner in business."

His jaw tightened.

"Is it Ryugasaki san? I mean our company don't care about all that so it doesn't matter does it now?" you ask innocently.

Our company unlike others is totally fine with people having side investments and sponsorship programs because of our crazy CEO.

" Keep it low. Apparently, I became the role model of aspirant applicants so it would affect my image regardless," he said air quoting his sentence.

"Let me help you then. Ryugasaki san is known to invest only in something humanitarian or on that kind of line not on profits so investing in JVA (Japanese volleyball association) right now will do the trick."

"Why JV—"

"Oh, my my, how come you always have a new girl beside you each time I visit you, Ishida?" A guy probably in his mid-thirties, black hair fair skin came towards both of you.

"But I think you are by far the prettiest lady I have seen next to him. I'm Ryugasaki Kennyo," he said while extending his arm towards you.

Such a flirt. Where shall I burn his lies?

"(l/n) (f/n). Nice to meet you too," as you shook hands with him. He had the perfect grip for a handshake and that was the only thing playing in your head.

"She just came to clear her doubts with me," he said while glaring at you.

You rolled your eyes because of his lie.

"Join us. It's nothing special. Maybe it will be less boring if you tagged along."

So he doesn't realize that Mister Samuru is trying to bag him for his business? This is your chance!

You nodded vigorously while Samuru tried stopping you by keeping his hand on your head.

Ryugasaki san snickered.

"Well then, let's go to the cafe downstairs."

While Samuru facepalmed you started to think ways how to bring JVA sponsorship in the most natural way possible.

"Say Ryugasaki san, I heard that you are into investments like Samuru san."

"Yeah, well I only do stuff very randomly that too not hardcore business stuff like Samuru here. He is good at it while I'm just a play safe guy."

"Don't you have work (f/n)?" asked Samuru with a pained expression.

"We just finished our stuff together right?" You made sure he understood that you will do what you had in mind.

"Why are you in such hurry Ishida? Let the girl be. Why did you ask about this all of sudden?"

Ah. Was that sudden? I thought that was very natural?

"Uh well you see, I heard about the Japan volleyball association is checking out for sponsorship for the latest event and this time Kodzuken is in it too. Samuru san was checking for the details the other day of it so I thought you might be interested since you both are partners and all."

I think my white lie will work out well.

" Okay, that's enough for the d-"

Ryugasaki San cut him off
" Is that so? Why didn't you tell me about this before? So we do have something in common after all!" he exclaimed happily.

Both Samuru and you beamed at each other at his unexpected response.

.
.
.

You were first pumping all the way out of your department whenever you find yourself alone because you dragged not one but two investors for Kuroo! You decided you won't tell that to Kuroo and act like you didn't know them.

Few girls blocked your path which leads to the main entrance of your company. They were whispering stuff and you decided to eavesdrop on them.

"Isn't that guy handsome? Does he work in  our department?"

"Never seen him before. He looks sketchy."

"Like a conman."

"A hot one I might add. Like in those movies where the con man is the main character."

"Senpai, I think he is waving at you! Senpai! Senpai!"

Your junior's voice brought you back to reality and followed her hands pointing to a guy outside.

Kuroo? What is he doing here? Now it makes sense what the girls were talking about.

"You were spacing out again."

"What are you doing here Kuroo?"

"The meeting went well so I thought I will let you know first."

"You could have wait-"

Kuroo gave his bear hug and which made you sway a bit like you were in a seesaw.

"That's not the only reason I came here. I thought you would know the reason."

Did he get the call from Ryugasaki already? He sure works fast!

"I don't know."

He took agreement paper with Ryugasaki's name in it.

"Oh, congrats!" you tried to sound as casual as possible.

"Shouldn't you have two though?" you asked out of curiosity.

"Why two?"

"Samuru Ishida works here oh-uh- ahem- nevermind!"

One job I had! That too I blew up.

"So you were the one behind it!"

"(f/n) come back to the office we got a new assignment. Oh, Kuroo san you are here already? I and Kennyo will be with you in a few minutes.

Wait why are you together? Are you both related in some way or something? That explains the sudden interest in volleyball," said Samuru who just got of the company building

"No, we-"

"Samuru san and  (l/n) san boss is looking for you."

" We are coming," said Samuru

" Tell your cousin, bye."

From which angle Samuru!! I thought you were the smartest in our department?!?!

************************************

The more I spend time on a chapter, the more it gets horrible.

I stared at it too many times that I lost confidence.

Ugh.

Forgive me for any typos or grammar error

Not proud of this chapter but the story won't move unless I post it so yeah.

Next one won't be...... I guess.