The Room and The Letter

Start from the beginning

Wilbur you need to wake up

I heard myself say. I fell faster and harder now, letting out a slight yelp when my body and everything around me seemed to turn like one of those spinning rooms in a carnival house. My body hit the floor hard causing a ringing sensation to bounce throughout the walls of my head. My vision dissociated for a second before it all came into focus. I was in a cold damp room with crates labeled T.N.T

I saw myself standing there, shaking like a little puppy as my hand hovered over the button.

"NO! DON'T DO IT! PLEASE, THIS IS EVERYTHING I'VE WORKED FO-"

"Wilbur...? What're you doing..."

Phil's voice cut through mine as I looked up at myself. I didn't look well. I had deep purply black bags under my eyes, I was sweating like crazy, my hair was more a mess than anything, my eyes looked like they craved something I couldn't think of. I looked slightly more skinny in the baggy clothes I was wearing, and my wrists...

"Phil...?"

I asked though it wasn't actually me. It was the me that seemed to be looking right through me.

"Wilbur, you need to wake up, son."

Phil's voice said but when I turned around to look at him, I was standing in front of Schlatt. I don't think I've ever been this relieved to see this ram but holy shit I was.

I reached my hand out to him but saw him flinch slightly.

"Schlatt can you...can you see me...?"

I asked him, not getting an answer from him. I saw a bit of blood dribble from his mouth and froze. I looked down at his chest to see his shirt staining a deep crimson red.
"If you wish to defeat me..."

"Wake up,"

Schlatt's voice said directly next to my ear. I jumped and turned my head quickly, immediately gaining a headache from all the tossing and turning and scenery changing. Once I turned my head to face Schlatt, everything started spinning. I was the only thing staying still. I heard past moments and voices ringing through my ears. I heard Niki's voice and one line she had told me before our breakup. I heard Mink, Tommy, Tubbo, Dream, George, Quakity, Karl, Eret, Techno, Schaltt....my son.

"Look at the stars, look how they shine for you...and everything you do."

I heard myself singing and Fundy's little laughs. I giggled with him and tickled him that night. My eyes had started to water and my breathing had hitched. I couldn't take anymore of this and my adrenaline was rushing through me like a horse running it's owner through the rain. "STOP IT! PLEASE!" I screamed, falling to my knees as I had started to cry. I stayed like that for a moment before looking up again, seeing that I was in front of Fundy. He was holding out a hand for me as he looked down. I looked around to realize we were in a field. The sun was setting and reflecting in my son's eyes perfectly. The summer's breeze blew my hair out of my face, blowing Fundy's fox tail around slightly. He looked almost sad in this lighting but he was still my handsome little boy and I was so proud of how far he's come.

I looked at his hand then up at him, reaching my hand up shakily as I took his. He pulled me from the ground and hugged me tightly.

"I forgive you...and I love you...but please, wake up...dad."

At that moment, from his words alone, I broke. Every illusion, every word, everything just...stopped. I was back in the middle of the room with the small noise of winter rain pittering against my window. I shook as I stood there, Fundy's words ringing through my mind. I heard someone walk past my room and down the hall, hearing the slight tapping of dress shoes leaving watery footsteps.