"Damn, woman," Zayn grimaced, picking me up with him to carry me over to my bed.

Ronnie shook her head at us. "You nasties," she said. "Watch yourselves, because I'm watching you." She narrowed her eyes and gave us the universal "I've got my eyes on you" look.

I shook my head, touching my temples. I loved Ronnie, though. She grabbed whatever it was she'd been looking for and then left, closing the door behind herself gently.

I laughed to myself and said it out loud. "Gotta love Ronnie."

He joined me in my laughter. "Very true." He looked over at my clock and then sighed. "I think I need to go start my own packing."

I looked back at Zayn and stepped forward looping my arms back around his neck. I looked up at him and pressed my forehead to his. "Okay," I whispered. I loved looking in his eyes. His eyes were somehow always a shiny brown and they just made me happy. Something about them just held this hope. It was as though I could see all of his dreams within those sparks his irises held. I opened my mouth to say it. The three words almost left my mouth, thoughtlessly, but I remembered we had yet to say it and I chickened. I didn't want to be the first to say it; not now at least. I lacked the courage.

I swallowed and cleared my throat, turning the romantic atmosphere awkward as I let him go. "O-Okay." I laughed awkwardly. "I actually need to handle some gifts real quick. Be Santa for a moment." I ran my fingers through my hair, combing it nervously. "But I'll make sure we talk later tonight so we can discuss how we go about this, alright?"

He nodded slowly after a moment, no doubt trying to understand my strange behavior. "Alright," he agreed.

I smiled and kissed him one last time. "Okay. Bye, babe." I smiled at him hoping he walked out so I can stop hiding my embarrassment. I was scared my face was bright with color and I didn't want that.

I returned to my packing, trying to look occupied so he left.

"Um, bye." He seemed hesitant, but he moved to the door, leaving. I sighed in silent misery.

I should tell him, I thought. But my mind continued fighting itself as it also thought not today. I just sighed again, this time a bit more frustrated and I grabbed my purse.

Time to go Christmas shopping.

-

It was Friday after school and I was rushing everywhere to give all of my friends their rightful presents before I left. I didn't have too many close friends, thank god. That would be awkward because I don't exactly have a lot of money. I don't even have a job yet, something I needed to fix as soon as I got back. But that wasn't the focus of the day for me.

As I stepped into Starbucks I saw only two of my besties. Of course in that moment I grew sad and suddenly wished that my other girls were there too since I knew that they would get along well; but I ignored that feeling. I'll just introduce them all next year. I wondered where Ronnie and Jade could've been but decided they'd be there soon.

I took off my jacket as I came in from the snowy cold outside and Lexi gasped. "Awww! Don't you just look like a Merry Christmas!" she exclaimed, clapping her hands for me.

I laughed. I wore a comfy red sweater that had the design of a Christmas tree adorned in gold on it with a pair of red shorts and white stockings.

"I'm just happy she ain't walking around here lookin like a ho ho ho," Sasha commented, making me laugh even more. She came from behind the counter and before she could say anything Max replied, "I'll cover you guys."