Chapter 5

Chapter 5

"I need to leave," I said honestly to Zayn. It was morning on Sunday and he had held me for most of the night. Of course I was no longer crying and I'd calmed down, but I found that he was one hundred percent responsible for it. He didn't really ask me to tell him what happened, but he'd said, "If you need someone to talk to I won't be going anywhere," so I would tell him-maybe.

"Really?" was his response.

I sighed and nodded, my cheek rubbing against his shirt. "I have to do studying for an important test tomorrow." I held him just a bit more tightly for a moment and in that moment I just knew this would be a connection for us. For me at least. I didn't want to leave.

He rubbed my back and said, "Of course, it's okay." I sat up and moved my hair out of my face; then one of those romance movie scenes happened to me. He had reached his hand out to move my hair, too, but his hand was slow on its approach. I could only stare at him as my hair fell right back where it started and he brushed his fingers up my cheeks and then pushed it behind my ear. His hand finally fell and his golden eyes stared at me in awe almost which I probably mirrored, because Zayn was honestly beautiful.

"I'll be here if you need me," he spoke softly.

My dry throat tightened and I swallowed. I nodded at him and he smiled at me. I returned it, getting off the bed, slightly woozy still from last night. I didn't really want to think about that.

As I was moving towards the door I was suddenly stopped. "W-W-Wait!" He gently gripped my wrist and I turned back to him. He looked at me and then seemed to grow nervous. He also seemed to be struggling for words since he could only rub his neck and stutter at first. "This is probably the worst time to ask for you, but is there any chance I can take you out for dinner?"

I was pretty shocked by him asking me out for dinner. Not even necessarily because of the "time" but because we had only recently met. But I liked him and it didn't stop me from slowly nodding, "Yeah. Sure, I-I'd love that."

He smiled at me and I smiled back with a blush. Then I left with a bright smile on my face, happy one good thing had come from attending this party.

-

When I got back to my room I found a letter it would appear outside of it. I frowned and picked it up.

Aaliyah Winters, it said.

I cocked one of my eyebrows and hummed. "For moi," I said out loud, quietly. I had my keys already pulled out, so I just opened the door. When I got inside I was happy to see Perrie and Jade asleep together on the bed. They reminded me of Ari and Lena; we cuddled a lot too.

I sighed and shook my head. Thankfully November was almost here which meant Thanksgiving break which meant I go home and can catch up with my loves.

In that moment, though, I just really wanted a nap.

-

When I woke up I heard Jade and Ronnie whispering to each other about Instagram.

"Did you see what Liss posted?"

"Yeah. I like that one," Ronnie responded.

I blinked and opened my eyes slowly. I winced at first but then I turned over and sat up a bit.

"Me too. Jake claims he's taking good care of her and lucky for him I believe that," Jade murmured in her distinct voice.

"She's always so happy with him," Ronnie continued while I rubbed my eyes. "Looks like our sleeping beauty is arisen."