"Morning, Saskia, "

"Hey, Laura, " I replied and started driving again. I drove slower than I did before, wanting to figure out what exactly to say to her.

"You don't listen to music as you drive?"

"Switching the radio on is hell, I'm bombarded with awful pop music, "

Laura couldn't help but gasp, "it's as if you've never listened to Sweetener, "

Saskia's chuckles filled the car, "her voice is so whiny besides, Mariah Carey did it better, "

Laura blankly stared at Saskia, "excuse me who? I don't know her, "

I laughed, "I see what you did there, "

Laura giggled and took out her smartphone and scrolled through her Instagram. She once posted a picture of her scar, got the most likes she's ever received. Over a million and it's still gaining more likes, and to think she was so scared to post it. But did anyway because her fans wanted to see what it looked like. Mom convinced her to post it after she almost deleted the pic after taking it. Saying something about not focusing on negativity because that will only keep you from living.

I decided to pull over and turned to face Laura.

Laura furrowed her brows and put her phone back into her school bag, "Saskia, is everything alright?"

I looked down as she bit her lip and glared right back up into Laura's lost eyes. "Yeah, " I told and shook my head, "anyway, there's something I have to tell you, "

Laura began feeling worried, I guess it was the tone of my voice. She cleared her throat and got more comfortable.

"Supernatural creatures, vampires, werewolves etc, are very real, "

Laura shook her head and just looked at me, "no, Saskia. I mean I've heard what people say about this town and the things that call it home, but those are like.. folk tales or whatever,"

"No, it's real. Kin, in fact, she's a vampire hybrid and Paul is a werewolf, "

Laura scoffed and shook her head. She closed her eyes and leaned her head against the car seat, "next you're gonna tell me Jason's a ghost, why are you saying these things? If you don't want us to be friends, trust me I'll understand but to make up lies..."

"... It's the godforsaken truth, "

There was a long silence, "do you expect me to just believe you?"

I squeezed Laura's hand and gave her a stern look, "do with it what you want, but I got you something, "

I reached for the glove box and retrieved a small package, in a present box and handed it to Laura. Laura lit up and slowly pulled the pink ribbons off and scratched off the red wrapping paper and opened the box. Inside was a collar with a red ruby diamond in the middle.

"Saskia!" she expressed with excitement, "I told you collars are dated,"

I laughed, "it's a special collar. See when I scratched you, I've accidentally turned you into a zombie..."

Laura rolled her eyes in frustration, "...stop..."

"... You're going to get real sick real soon and then you'll die. It won't feel like you've died but you'll just know that something is different with you. When you die, you can choose to wear this collar, it will instantly hide your scar and whatever new scars you pick up, completely, "

Laura inspected the collar and traced the ruby with her finger, "you seriously believe this to be true?"

"That's because it is. You live in Crystal Moon Laura, how did you never see anything odd?"