Chapter Twenty-four ⭐💚

Narrated by JASON:

I woke up the following day, and on my bedside table was yet again another note from Sam. I groaned, I know what it's going to say, it's going to tell me to stay away from my grandparents. Why can't they just expose themselves? Who is this that's so fucking invested in my life?

Jason
Death seems to be all you're attracting.
I mean well when I beg you to never return to the Miller's again, it's for your own good.

Sam has no idea what they're talking about. I've never had family before, and now I have grandparents that just wants to spoil me. I wasn't going to let Sam take that from me, so I rumple the note and threw it away in my bin. Speaking of the Millers, after school I have to pop in.

Saskia had already told Kin and Paul about the dinner and conversation we had with Mrs Tina, underneath my freak tree she told Lemon and Vincent that they found my grandparents.

Vincent laughed. "Wait... So his grandparents live in town and they couldn't even be bothered as well? No one likes you, no wonder you don't like anyone,"

I frowned and crumpled the corners of my novel as I made a fist with my hands. I had no clapback, which only made him laugh again. I hate Vincent.

"Vincent, play nice," Saskia scold.

Vincent wiped a fake tear from the corner of his eyes and laughed again, "my God. It's priceless, his mother throws him away in town where his grandparents are. He's like a hot potato that no one wants to catch, so they drop it instead,"

Lemon couldn't contain her laughter anymore and joined him.

"At least my grandparents didn't know where I was, your father knows where you live and still he hasn't seen your ass in years,"

"Okay. Parents can be shitty at times, even to us who have both," Laura said frustrated, "let's drop this topic and talk about something uplifting, like chocolate,"

Kin furrowed her brows, "you don't even eat, chocolate,"

"Uplifting to you all,"

I took a deep breath in, trying to clear my mind from Vincent. Why is he sitting with us anyway? I thought sits some other place with her two idiots, understanding that they work on all our nerves. And by all I mean me.

I continued my reading and couldn't wait to meet with my grandparents after school, they said they wanted to take me to my father's permanent bed. They just had a tombstone placed there, we all know he didn't have body left to bury. I hope whoever did that to my father is somewhere out there eating justice.

Michael Charleston Miller.

He died an early death, he didn't get to see me grow. He didn't even get to see me get born, must've been tough for Sarah when he died. Maybe that's why she threw me away, maybe it was all too much for her. I would've been a constant reminder of what isn't there.

His grave already had fresh flowers, we don't know who its from. But I'm thinking maybe Sarah didn't leave town yet? Which would mean that she left Tina's home to purposely avoid me. How cold can she be?

We placed our flowers down, and stayed there while grandpa spoke to his son, he shared more childhood moments from Michael with me. I appreciated listening to them all, he might be dead but the stories about him made him alive to me. It gave me a glimpse of who and what he was. It build onto his character, because previously all I had was a picture from the internet. But slowly that picture gets a life attached to it.