"Last I saw you were slapping him and he couldn't even talk to you"

I realised that was true. Everything changed so drastically in the span of 24 hours that it made me question my judgement. Was I so naive to forgive him? Or was I too dumb to forget?

Forget everything that infuriated me the day before.

"Lemme get my food then we'll talk" and he left the table.

"What the actual fuck" hailey whispered shyly.

Sometimes it was so funny how her tone never matched her words.

I didn't notice her finally keeping her book down and looking at me.

"Okay, firstly- hi. Didn't see you there. Am I finally worth noticing?" She just gave me a blank stare expecting me to continue.

"There's something about last night I didn't tell you" she narrowed her eyes.

Oh boy I could feel the weight of what's going to happen, Crushing me.

"Just before leaving, He told me he didn't cheat on me"

Her eyes widened for a split second and she slapped me on my head.

"And you believed that piece of shit"

"Hey young lady, we're friends now for your information"
She paused to think.

"Did your 'friend' also say that his shirt magically flew off and Olivia had a portkey and she transported to his room"

I didn't know what to say.

"So you're defending him now?"
"I'm not defending him hails"
"So you're forgiving him"

"I don't fucking know what I'm doing. I don't know anything just leave me alone"

I don't know what possessed me when I kicked back the chair and stormed off the room.

For the second time in a day I was grateful that teachers were excluded from the dining hall.

I fought my urge to hit something by putting all my force to running out of the place. The only place I could remember was the small dried garden I went to last night.

After 5 minutes of running I controlled my breathing as I sat on the bench.

Someone came behind me and I looked back still breathing fast.

"Happy to know your temper hasn't changed"

I hated the fact that seeing Jorden's face made a small glint of joy and hope appear in my stomach which I suppressed as soon as it came.

"I really don't wanna talk to you right now jorden"
"Okay we won't talk" and he came and settled himself beside me.

A sense of nostalgia engulfed me as I remembered all the times we used just sit still being aware that our presence meant more than anything we could ever say.

Now that I was cooled out, I endeavoured to clear everything between us. Between my mind and myself.

After about 4 minutes I finally gathered the courage to ask him one simple question. The one I had already asked him once.