O3: remember (luca balsa)

cw: blood
genre: fluff to angst to fluff kinda (?) (i dont know how genres work man)
word count: 1990
notes:  kind of a filler, as i'm not done with the other luca one yet,, describing things is fun,,,
plus i don't wanna leave you guys alone for any longer, so boom-

this is the temporary story for ChewingCottonWool, i'm not quite done with the main story i wanted to do for your request, so i do hope you enjoy this in the meantime!

───────────────────────────────────────

"Luca, when you and I grow up, we're gonna be the best inventors!"

A small [hair-colour] haired child exclaimed this, looking at their friend with sparkling [eye colour] eyes. A brown haired male, namely Luca, looked at them with a smile on his face, and nodded.

"Yeah, let's do our best to be the greatest inventors this world has ever seen [na-]!"

*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚...how shocking... *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:

"What are you talking about?" Luca said, staring at his senior with furrowed brows. "What reason would I have to sell our research to anyone?"

"You didn't just sell it to anyone, you traitor!" The inventor, Alva, exclaimed in a booming voice. "You sold it to our competitor!"

"Where did you get such a ludicrous idea?!" Luca said, clearly taken aback by such an accusation. "I would never do such a thing!"

"You're nothing but an ungrateful brat!" Alva said, pointing his finger at him in an accusing manner. "I take you under my wing and this is how you repay me?!"

"Oh, please! You're the one who steals others' inventions instead of making your own!" Luca shot back, glaring at him. "Are you perhaps, blaming me for this because you've run out of ideas?! The research you seem to be talking about wasn't even useful!"

"As if you could do any better!" Alva said, prodding a finger into Luca's chest. "You're nothing but a rat that leeches off others' hard work!"

"Listen here, old man-!"

Luca would have hurled a barrage of insults at the so-called great inventor, had someone not meddled in their fight.

"Now, now-!" They said, keeping the inventors away from each others' throats. "Fighting won't really do us much good, right?"

"He sold off our research to our competitor, why wouldn't I be mad?!" Alva at the time, greatly resembled a bull, if he could, he would most likely have had steam billowing from his nose. 

"And what proof do you have for that, Professor Lawrence?" They asked, in a gentle voice that they hoped would soothe the angry man. "It's innocent until proven guilty, sir! Not the other way around."

Alva mumbled some nonsense to himself, and uttered a small "I suppose," in reply to the statement. He then excused himself, saying that he would make himself a cup of tea.

Luca huffed, clearly upset. Alva had been getting quite irate with him lately, and it was bugging him out a lot. Luckily for him, a special someone was there to help him keep his calm.

*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚...i feel a connection between us... *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:

"I think he has a grudge against me or something," He said a little later, while he nimbly rearranged wires as a certain someone screwed the bolts shut. The two had been working together for quite sometime on something special. It was an invention that the two had wanted to show to their senior once it's completed.