Chapter 36

Elizabeth's POV

"It's a line?" Himari questioned as she strained her eyes to look at Blaire's shoulder. We were on a group Skype video call. I sat at the large desk in front of my laptop staring at all of my friends who occupied tiny squares on the screen.

Beckett chuckled. "It could be a stick. Is that what you wanted?"

"Blaire, what happened?" I asked and she sighed.

"I wanted to get a tattoo of a rose on my shoulder. I didn't think it would hurt so bad but then the guy started piercing my skin with this needle and..." Callum's snoring cut Blaire off midsentence."Callum wake up. We can see you drooling babe," Blaire chuckled as she tapped on her screen.

Mid snore Callum looked up."I'm awake. I'm awake."

"Yeah, sure you are," Beckett rolled his eyes.

I missed them. It was my fifth day in England. I had spoken to them over texts and calls but this was our first group video call. "So how's English life treating you?" Blaire asked while filing her nails.

"I could get used to it. Fresh air and cold weather."

"Don't get too used to it," Beckett smiled wryly.

I looked at Himari's square on the screen and her eyes were closed as she rested her chin on her open palm. "Himi are you sleeping?" I asked.

Her eyes flew open. "Huh me, no."

"Okay let's try this some other time when everyone is fully awake," I chuckled.

"Alright, I'm going back to bed. Later," Himari yawned and logged off.

"Later I love you guys. I'm going to see what I can do about this ink line on my skin," Blaire said and logged off leaving only Beckett, me, and Callum on.

Callum yawned, stretching his arms. His eyes had light bags under them. "Well, I'm going back to sleep. See you, Lizzy," Callum said shooting me a peace sign before waking up from his seat and disappearing out of view.

Beckett tilted the laptop screen. Bringing it into focus. His hair was messy and he rubbed at his eyes. "So what are you getting up to today?" He asked.

I shrugged. "Probably help Steph with some wedding preparations."

"Don't forget to also have some fun. Knowing you, you'd probably stay in your room pretending not to exist."

I smiled. "Hey I have fun. I don't just stay in my room," I defended and he gave me a knowing look.

He stifled a yawn. "I've spent enough time with you to know how you are Lizzy."

From the corner of my eye, I noticed Luca walk out of the bathroom shirtless. He was only wearing a pair of black track pants.

I still wasn't used to seeing him without a shirt on. I looked at the tattoo on his arm that continued to cover half of his chest. The tattoo had intricate detailing and I wondered how Luca sat through that.

"And I'll have to change the oil filter on it," Beckett sighed.

"Huh?" I questioned turning my attention back to Beckett. "Oh that's um cool," I tried to save myself.

"Princess, have you seen my car keys?" Luca asked and Beckett went silent. Beckett's face hardened as he clenched his jaw. I didn't mention to my friends that Luca and I were sharing a bedroom.

"Is that Luca?" He asked and I nodded.

Luca walked up to me and put his arm around the desk chair. "Hello there Beckett," Luca said with a mischievous smile on his face.