Dan's POV- 20

I went to Phil's that night, as soon as we had finished chatting in the park. His mum had baked a small round cake with icing decorated as a pokeball and my name in wobbly blue letters. For tea we had burgers, which was my second favourite food, with pure orange juice that I downed.

"I'm so glad you're better." Mrs Lester burst out joyfully after a large bite of her hamburger.

I smiled at her politely. "So am I."

"Phil was so worried about you. He wouldn't sleep or eat-"

"Mum." Phil warned, looking down at his food. "Don't."

Mrs Lester frowned at him, but said nothing. I chewed on my burger awkwardly, watching unspoken words pass between mother and son. In the end, Phil rose and placed his plate in the sink water. He sat back down, waiting for me, and when I had finished we ran up the stairs into his room, where he jumped onto his bed and stared at the ceiling.

"Sorry about my mum. She doesn't understand how it must've been hard for you." He sighed as I lay next to him, locking our hands together. "I've been dying to kiss you, you know?"

I rolled onto my side, my grin seductive. "I know. So have I." Very slowly, I closed the gap between us, and suddenly our lips were mashed together. He caressed my cheek, his hand warm and comforting, and I ran my hands up his shirt. He giggled against my lips.

"What's so funny?" I breathed, gazing deeply into his lovely blue eyes. "Is it this?" I moved my mouth from his lips to his chin, and then down his neck, gentle pecks before moving further down until I stopped where his collar was. Caustiosly, undid the buttons and pulled it off, revealing his chest underneath. He grabbed the hem of my shirt with both hands that tickled my sides and ripped it over my head. He tossed it to the side.

"How far are we going?" He whispered against my bare chest.

"How far do you want to go?" I was on top of him, my legs on either side of his waist, and I was bent over so my lips were now against his again.

"My mum... is downstairs." He mumbled in between kisses. I drew back, completely disappointed but understanding, and retrieved my shirt back from the other side of the room. It was crumpled and a little ripped at the hem, but I didn't care. Phil was messing around with his shirt, obviously still in shock of what we had just done.

"Phil." I sat next to him, playing with my fingers. "Was that too much?" Worry had slowly started to enter my system.

He turned to look at me, and I could see the little drops of tears on his cheeks. I immediately panicked, but he smiled. "That was the best thing I could ever imagine. These are happy tears, Dan. I love you so much."

"And I love you. More than anyone could love a person." I kissed him, long and hard, until Mrs Lester's cheerful voice called us down for cake. We laughed and then galloped down the stairs, ready for the pokeball cake.

***

"Attack on Titan? Or Death Note?" Phil hovered over the search bar on Netflix, waiting for me to chose.

"Death Note. I haven't finished the anime yet." I crawled next to him on the bed and drew the covers up to my chest so I was nice and warm. Phil copied me, and then balanced the laptop between us. The lights were stwitched off and the only thing illuminating the dark room was the screen as Death Note began.

"How can L eat so much but never get fat?" I wondered out loud.

"He says he uses his brain to burn it all away, or something like that." Phil wrapped his arm around me and I snuggled up to him. I felt his lips brush my hair. We sat like that for a while, cocooned in each other's warmth, until five episodes had played and Phil decided it was time to sleep. I agreed, feeling the exhaustion take over me, but when I closed my eyes sleep did not come. I glanced at Phil, who was snoring softly, and saw him smile which indicated good dreams.

For the billionth time I wished I had constant good dreams instead of bad dreams or none at all. Whilst in hospital, I had caught up on some of my sleep, but not sleeping for years was almost impossible to catch up on. I was surprised Phil thought I was hot when all I had around my eyes were deep purple shadows. Not very attractive.

"Dan?" I heard Phil whisper. I looked at him and saw his blue eyes were staring at me. "Why are you awake? Was it a bad dream?"

I quickly glanced at the clock and saw it was 03:04. How long had I been lying there? "Um... no, I just woke up. Go back to sleep."

"I'll wait until you go to sleep." He sat up and leant his head on mine.

I sighed. "If you say so."

The next twenty minutes consisted of me pretending to be asleep by breathing heavily and twisting a little. I ended up pressed against Phil's rising chest, and it eventually became a rhythm I drifed off to.