× N E R V O U S ×

ONCE LUNCH WAS OVER Fred and I went to sit in the Ravenclaw common room since to 'do homework'.

"if you have me, you want to share me. If you share me, you don't have me"

"a secret" I replied and the door opened,

"what if you can't figure the riddle out?" Fred asked as we walked in,

"pray someone opens the door from the inside " I replied and he raised his eyebrows at me,

"I'm not joking-either that or wait for someone to come along and figure it out. But for the most part no one ever really gets stumped other than first years but they learn, it's also a way for them to meet people. Plus, we're all in Ravenclaw for a reason right?" I shrugged,

"that's actually quite interesting I never knew that" he said as we sat down on one of the tables in a far corner by ourselves.

"so what does Lyra have planned for your birthday get together?" he asked while I pulled my homework out.

"Mrs. Zabini sent over a few bottles of fire whiskey, along with muggle weed so we're probably going to get drunk, high and eat cake" I replied dipping my quil into ink and beginning my homework.

"Blaise's mum?" he asked confused,

"yeah she's close with my mum, she's really fun" I replied not looking up from my homework.

"Mara you're supposed to be interacting with me" he whined pulling the quill from my hands and I let out snarl like sound as he ruined the word I was writing.

"now I have to start over you wank" I groaned grabbing my quil, he was about to protest but stopped when he noticed I put it down and packed the parchment.

"I was hoping to talk to you about something by the way" he said scratching the back of his neck and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"yeah go ahead, what's wrong?" I asked a little worried but mostly confused.

"oh no no it's nothing bad I just wanted to ask you something" he said which didn't help my nerves at all.

"alright..." I replied waiting for him to continue, he cleared his throat and shifted in his seat.

"well uh, I know you said you weren't ready for a relationship-which by the way I completely understand" he said and I nodded along completely confused.

"I was just wondering if you'd want to go to the yule ball with me?" he asked and I had to refrain myself from screaming.

"Mara?..." he asked and I snapped out of my thoughts,

"yes! I-I'd love to go with you" I stammered and he let out a breath of relief.

"did you think I was going to say no...?" I asked confused,

"well-not necessarily, I just really wanted you to say yes" he mumbled with a shrug looking away,

"you're so adorable" I mumbled looking up at him with a small smile, 

"mhm" he replied lowering his gaze to my lips and I felt my stomach instantly fill with butterflies.

My own eyes fluttered down to his lips for a quick moment and I was about to reply when he reached out and grabbed my neck gently pulling me towards him and crashing my lips into his.

I felt my pulse get faster as he continued to kiss me, I wasn't necessarily keeping my mouth closed on purpose I was just a tad shocked which I guess he didn't like because he gave my neck a gentle squeeze causing me to gasp into the kiss-which of course gave him the perfect opportunity to slip his tongue into my mouth. 

He pulled away with my bottom lip latched between his teeth before stopping a few inches away from my face and letting it go.

"I like kissing you-it's fun" he muttered keeping his eyes on my lips, his hand still around my neck and I could hear my own pulse in my ears.

"I can feel your pulse under my fingertips Mara, do I make you nervous?" he asked lowly and I gulped.

that's embarrassing.

"no" I mumbled and he finally made eye contact which I'm sure only made my pulse quicken.

"right-so if I just-" he said raising his thumb to my jaw, titling my head to the side and lowering his lips to right over my ear his lips ghosting over my skin.

"nervous yet?" he whispered against my skin his hot breath causing goosebumps to rise on my neck, and I gulped again.

"no" I whispered and I felt him smirk before pulling away completely and sitting in his seat properly my eyes snapped open to look at him and he simply gave me a shrug.

"you need to finish your homework"