Chapter 10: The Dance Class

Começar do início

"AS THOUGH you knew she was going to say NO!!" he said.

"I knew Angelina fancied me! So there was no way she would say no! I wasn't sure if Ann would say yes!" I told.

"You better make this up to her! Or she may walk out of your life the way she walked out of the hall!" he shot back.

I couldn't imagine myself without her! And for the first time even my brother was angry with me!
Did she get angry on me because I asked Angelina to the Ball and not her?! Would she have told 'yes' if I had asked her?! I regretted asking Angelina the moment she stood up and walked away.

IN THE LIBRARY

Mia's POV

I walked out of the hall and went straight to the library! I just kept a book in front of me, but I was lost in thought. Hermione walked in, furious.

"What's wrong, Hermione?!" I asked her.

"Never mind Mia! What about you!? I can't believe Fred Angelina to the ball and not you!" she said.

"Ahh leave it! I don't want to talk about it! I guess he had no intentions of asking me at all!" I said.

Hermione was looking at someone standing behind me. I turned behind and saw Cedric standing there.

"Hey Mia!" he said.

"Um hi!" I said as I hadn't spoken to him much

"I was wondering if you would go to the Yule Ball with me?!" He asked.

"Umm..." I wasn't sure of what to say. I looked at Hermione, she gave me a smile.

"I understand if you don't want to!" he said.

"No, that's what I meant! I would love to go the Ball with you!" I said forcing a smile on my face.

"Really!? Ok then! See you later, my lady!" he said and walked away.

I saw Fred and George walking towards me, so Iturned towards Hermione because I was still angry at Fred.

Fred's POV

George and I left the Great Hall and started searching for Ann. I couldn't find her. I saw Ginny and walked towards her, hoping she would have seen Ann.

"Hey Gin, have you seen..." I was asking her when she interrupted me.

"What did you do? I saw Ann running to the library in tears! What on earth did you tell her!" she asked me, frustrated.

I was shocked to hear that! She was in tears! I didn't realize I had hurt her so much by asking Angelina to go with me to the Ball.

"This git here, asked Angelina to go with him to the Ball, IN FRONT OF HER!!" George told Ginny.

"WHATT?! Firstly, why in the name of Merlin did you..." she was telling when I rushed to the library, ignoring what Gin was saying.

I reached the library and saw Cedric speaking to her. She too was talking to him hesitantly and then Cedric walked away. George too came to the library. Ann saw me and she turned towards Hermione, pretending to not have seen me.

"Umm... hey there Ann"! I said.

"You better leave, before she punches you in the face!" Hermione said looking at the book she was holding in front of her.

I sat diagonally opposite to her, while George sat next to her.

George signaled me to speak to her!

"Hey Ann... I knew Angelina fancied me, so I knew she wouldn't say no if I asked her to go the Ball with me! I didn't know..." I was saying when Hermione cut me off and said
"Since when are you afraid of rejection?!" Hermione asked me.

"Wait!" Ann said looking at Hermione and the she looked at me and asked
"So you are telling me, you asked Angelina to go the ball with you because you knew she fancies you?! How did you even get to know she fancies you?!"

"It's obvious, isn't it?!" I told her! I didn't what to say! George gave the "what on earth are you talking about!" look.

Ann stood up and said," Well you seemed to have understood her very well! Good luck for the Ball!" and she walked away.

"Very well done mate!" George said.

"Couldn't you see that she actually loves you?! You know Cedric asked her to the Ball and she said yes HESITANTLY! She was really hoping you would ask her to the Ball " Hermione said.

"Whatt!?" I asked in amazement!

"It's true! And so did we! Until you gave us a shock!" Hermione said.

I had to make it up to her. I came out of the library and saw her walking towards the common room. I rushed towards her, but she had noticed me coming and she rushed into the girls dormitory! I walked up to her room and knocked on the door. The door opened and I saw Ginny at the door.

"Gin, Let me in for a few minutes, I really have to speak to her!" I said looking behind her, searching for Ann.

"I will give you ten minutes. Then I will be needing my room back!" she said walking out.

I walked into the room and saw her sitting on her bed. I sat next to her.

"So you could tell she fancies you?!" she asked  sadly.

"Ann..." I said.

"No don't! I am sorry! I shouldn't have reacted like that! I am really sorry! I didn't know how to react when you asked her in front of me!" she said almost in tears.

"Hey it's ok!! Why are you sorry?! I am the one supposed to be apologizing to you for making you cry!" I said holding her hand. She seemed to calm down a bit.

"But tell me one thing" I asked her, she looked at me, lifting those blue eyes from the ground towards me. I was stunned!

"Are you going to ask me?!" she asked with a smile. I didn't realize I was staring at her.

"Ahh never mind!" I said.

She laid her head on my shoulders and I wrapped her around my arms and rested my chin on her head. I was happy to have her in my arms again!
I heard a knock at the door! It was probably Ginny! She had let me inside on one condition! I hoped to stay there longer but I had to leave.

"Ok now love! I will have to leave else Gin is gonna be mad at me!" I said pulling apart!

She turned to me with amazement and I could see she was blushing! I realized I had just called her "LOVE"! I didn't know from where that had come! But I could do nothing but put on a smile.

"Good night love!" I said, kissing her on her forehead.

"Good night Freddie!" she said.

Ginny came into the room and I left. I headedtowards my room. I walked into my room and saw George and Lee were already there.

"So how did it go?!" George asked.

"Pretty good!" I said with a smile.

"Good!?" George asked with a smirk!

"We are fine! We are good!" I asked as I laid on my bed.

"You are git! You know that! You seriously asked Angelina to go the ball with you instead of Ann?!" Lee asked.

I pretended to have fallen asleep! I couldn't stop thinking about her! Her eyes, her hair and she look cute when she was angry! I am very happy everything is fine between us!