Chapter Seven

Começar do início

"What are you laughing at, Shortcake?"

"Just how goofy you look right now," I admitted with a slight smile.

"Hey, don't be mean to the one willing to get on here with you," He gave me a playful little shove, but I was barely holding on to the handles, so I started to fly backward.

"Wah!" I yelped as Nix quickly grasped my arm tightly, yanking me back over before I fell.

"Shit, I forget you're as light as a damn feather," He said, looking sorry.

I held onto his arm, trying to recover from almost falling on my ass. "Jesus, what are you? The Hulk?" We both looked at each other, bursting out into laughter.

Shortly after that, the ride started up. It wasn't exactly as fast as I thought it was when I was a kid, but it was still fun. Especially going on it with Phoenix beside me.

As soon as we got off, the boys talked us girls into going on the Zero Gravity ride that spins you around and around. It was that or the super sketchy rollercoaster. We opted for the spinning one if we were treated to lunch afterward. I was starving but not about to eat before getting the life spun out of me.

After the ride, it took a minute to feel back to normal and have the earth stop spinning around me

After the ride, it took a minute to feel back to normal and have the earth stop spinning around me. It was funny seeing all of us wobbling down the steps from the exit. Jackson nearly fell into a bush, and it has us crying laughing. When we eventually got our balance back, we went in search of food.

Ryder and Phoenix were in line to get massive hotdogs as the rest of us found a spot to sit with our chilly cheese fries and popcorn.

I threw a fry into my mouth. "God, this is so good."

"This shit is about to go right through me in a few hours," Jackson said while scarfing down his food.

Mia's brows knitted together. "You're disgusting."

"Same though," Luke chimed in.

Ewww," I grimaced as the boys chuckled.

Jackson spoke up. "Just be glad you don't have to share a room with me."

I shook my head. "I'm ecstatic about that now, actually."

He smiled goofily at me as he shoved three fries into his mouth.

"So, are you going to fill us in on Nix and you?" Lily asked eagerly.

I stopped eating mid fry as they each looked at me, waiting for an answer. My mouth slightly fell open in surprise. "Wha...what do you mean? Nix and...me?"

Lily raised a brow. "Uh, duh. Last we checked, you wanted to avoid him for the rest of your life."

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure the exact words after your second bowl of ice-cream was "I never want to see that stupid but really fucking hot face ever again." Then there was a bunch of gibberish I didn't understand," Luke talked in a funny high-pitched tone acting as me.