Chapter 1

Fast forwarding to 2 weeks ahead...
Freshman orientation was tonight Tarry and I have been looking forward to this all summer. Yes we are looking forward to going back to school... We are those girls that don't mind going to school, we get to see our friends and giggle about the teachers outfits and how that's not what a thirty year old women should be wearing.
******************************
My brother screamed my name from out side my bedroom door, it was a little muffled but still extremely loud. It freaked me out and I feel off my bed and onto the hard wood floor it hurt but it happens to me all the time so I'm use to it. I looked at the clock and it was already 6:00
"Shit"
I have to be warming up at the field by 7:00 or I can't start in the game... It's our first game and I really wanna start.
I throw on my white jersey because it was a home game, I was number thirteen. I hopped into my white shorts with three royal blue strips down each leg. I grabbed my white socks and squirmed my feet into them, I slid my shin guards into place and dashed down stairs.
I slid across the kitchen floor and grabbed a V8, a water bottle and three cereal bars. Then I snatched my green and orange Nike cleats, tied them together and pulled the front door open, screamed to my brother and told him was leaving. I picked up my bag off the porch flung it over my shoulders on to my back, hung my tied cleats over the handle bars of my bike and off I went.
******************************
The whole team was already out on the field warming up and it was only 6:50. I'm always the last one on the field and the only one who rides there bike. Good thing the couches weren't here yet.
I rolled my eyes, parked my bike by the fence locked it up and ran onto the field.
*****************************
All I remember is the other team being really intimidating, then rolling my ankle and hitting the ground...
I was sitting in the back of a golf car and I think we are driving to the high school, its about two blocks away. I didn't know the guy driving the golf cart but my guess is it is the athletic director. I looked down at my ankle because it hurt like a bitch, it was wrapped with ice and a lot of blue pre-wrap. I looked to my right and there was my bag I opened it up and dug around to find my phone. I texted my brother to unlock my bike and ride it to the high school after practice. He is a sophomore and he is on the boys soccer varsity team. They have practice everyday from 8-9 In the morning so he should be done because it's already 9:01.
I set my head back on the rail and closed my eyes.
My phone buzzed, it was James that's my brother I don't think I stated that before.
*yeah I can defiantly do that. I saw you go down it was bad, are you with Hyland*
-James
*it feels bad and if that's the athletic directors name then yes*
-Me
*be over shortly just got done with practice*
-James
We pulled around the back of the school and the whole football team was on the field. Great. Just great.
Hyland helped me out of the back of the golf cart.
"Do you think you can walk?" He asked
He seems like a pretty nice guy
"Yes" I answered
But that was the wrong answer once I put pressure on my ankle it gave out and I ended up on the ground. Hyland helped me up, he brought me into his office which was the first door I looked at. It wasn't that far from the golf cart but it felt like a mile with my ankle. I hopped my way through the door and I sat down on this table thing that they have in doctors offices.
"If you needed help you should of asked, and how are you smiling look at your ankle how are you not in pain?" He said
"I'm always happy even when I'm in extreme pain" I said back
"Well that's a good thing and how do you feel that the hole varsity football team stopped playing and starred at you when we pulled up."
"Really I didn't even notice"
I knew I was pretty because that's what my mom would always tell me but she has to tell me that in that reason I look just like her.
"They did but don't go for them they are players" he said as he unwrapped the pre-wrap off my ankle and took of the ice.
"Ha. That one was pretty funny"
"Wow first freshman to get my joke"
As he took the ice off my ankle started to burn. I took a deep breath and counted to 4 honestly it works every time.
"Calm down it's going to be okay... I never got your name" he said
"I'm Jill"
"Last name?"
"Clark"
"Like James Clark. Is he your brother?"
"Yes. Yes he is. He should be here soon with my bike"
"Nice. He's a really good kid"
"Yeah he's the best older brother"
He examined my ankle every time he poked at it, it just hurt more.
"I think your ankle is badly sprained and you have shin splints"
"Mr. Hyland that doesn't sound good at all"
"Because it's not"
"Wow. Way to make me feel better" I said with a laugh
"No you will be fine don't worry... Ooo wait... You better not dance at that freshman orientation dance tonight" he said as he got out a boot for my ankle
"No promises"
"Fine just be carful"
My phone buzzed it was James
*whats the combo for your lock I've been trying for twenty minutes now*
*your birthday remember it's your old one*
*really. Okay be there in 10*
"Hey phone away... You have to ice twenty on twenty off till orientation, wear this tonight and don't go to practice tomorrow morning come here and see me... One more thing how are you getting home because your not riding your bike home"
"Alright. Thank you so much... I will have James figure that one out"
"Okay good I'm proud of you my daughter would of been in tears for the last hour"
"Thank you"
"Now go sit out there on the bleachers to make the coach go crazy till James get here"
"Haha can I please"
"Go it will be great"
"Thank you for everything"
"It's my job"
I stood up and I could walk in this boot it took all the pressure off my ankle it was awesome. I pushed open the door and snagged my bag out of the back of the golf cart then I head for the bleachers. I sat down and pulled out my V8. I cracked it open and sipped it, I looked up and the hole team was starring at me. Umm. Wow. Hyland was right. I don't get it back at my elementary school most guys thought I was gross and full of myself, on that thought even the girls thought that too.
Th coach started yelling at them to set a play.
I tried to see if any of them were cute but they had helmets on and I couldn't tell.
"Yo Jill"
It was James
"Yo James"
"I called Paul and he is going to come and get us with his truck so we can throw your bike in the back"
Paul is our neighbor he's always been around for us ever since we were toddlers.
"Alright sweet"
He sat down next to me.
"Really a boot?!?"
"Yes a boot. He said it was a bad sprain and that I have shin splints"
"Ooo... That sounds fun, have fun at the dance tonight with that ankle"
"Oh shut up James"
******************************
I blow dried my hair and the brushed it out.
I had an outfit planned but I change it because of my boot. I ended up going with a black skater skirt with my USA bon-pop jersey with high navy blue socks that came half way up my shin then I put my favorite sneakers on my right foot then I realized I only need one... Then I put my boot back on my left foot.
Icing twenty on twenty off really worked.
My phone started to buzz insanely on my dresser to the point that it fell off. I caught it and looked to see who it was. I was Tarry.
"Yo my home girl! How we doin tonight" I said in the most ghettoest voice
"Pretty good if I can say so myself."
"Good I'm glade"
"Look in the mirror one more time and get out here. I don't want to be late."
"Alright be out in a minute. We're not going to be late we are like an hour early"
"Whatever bye"
She hung up on me. I rolled my eyes and looked at myself in the mirror one more time. Danm I look good.
I walked out the door and slowly down the steps, I pulled open the car door
"Danm you look good" Tarry said
"Look at you" I said back
******************************
The school was packed already Tarry's mom ended up dropping us off around the block and we had to walk. I didn't really mind walking my ankle felt a lot better but it definitely wasn't better...