I wrapped my arms around her neck and just cried..

Eventually we had pulled away from each other. She caressed the side of my face and rubbed my cheek, which I happily leaned into.

Was I worried about Kyle seeing? A little.. but honestly I couldn't be bothered by that right now.

"I don't know if this is totally weird or not, but do you.. want to go back to my place? I know we just met and all but we could totally just.. get some snacks, and.. I don't know, watch a movie or something?" She asked while pulling her hand away.

"Like a movie night?"

"Yeah! But just as friends. Y'know, so we can get to know each other?"

"I-I guess that's okay. I'll have to tell my boyfriend but I'm sure he's fine with it." I sniffled out.

"Oh, right. Want me to go with you?"

"If you would. I'm Skylar by the way."

"Nadia. I love your name."

"Yours too." I giggled while getting up.

We walked into the restraunt together, looking for Kyle, but at the table, I only saw Yasmin.

We reached the table and I was afraid to say even a word to her.

"Oh, look who's back." She scoffed out, while filing down her nails.

"R-right.. um.. w-where's Kyle?" I asked with an obvious nervousness in my voice.

"Psh. I dunno. Him and Tay went off somewhere. I couldn't tell ya."

"Right. Guess I'll just text him then," I sighed, "we can just go, Nadia."

"Uh okay, sounds good."

I grabbed my things from the table and we were off without saying a word more to Yasmin.

"Who's that?"

"Um. She's.. a friend of ours' girlfriend.."

"Pardon my language but she seems like a bitch."

I giggled slightly, "yeah. I suppose you could say that."

We walked away from the restraunt. I figured I would text Kyle when we got to her place.

She said she didn't live too far from where we were so she just walked everywhere.

Unlucky for me, I decided that heels were a great option for tonight. I sucked it up, considering we were almost there according to Nadia.

"So, where do you go for snacks usually?" She asked.

"I'm actually not from here. I live in Minnesota."

"Oh! You could've fooled me. You seem like you'd be from here. Um anyway, we could just stop at a Chevron quick? It's just a gas station, but they've got good snacks."

"Uh sure, you're the one who lives here." I laughed nervously.

"Alrighty."

We walked to the gas station she had mentioned and picked up some snacks. I offered to pay for them but she insisted. We got a couple bags of candy, chips, soda, and whatever else we could find.

"You didn't have to pay for those, y'know."

"Ah don't worry about it, really. I thought I should probably be nice to a guest, huh?"

"I suppose. Anyway, not to be a bother or anything, but how long till we're there? My feet are killing me." I nervously laughed again.

"Oh! Right! It's this next apartment building on the left."

"Awesome!"

We reached the apartment building and walked in, going to the elevator.

We got in and suddenly a wave of anxiety and guilt washed over me.

I took my phone out and texted Kyle quickly.

6:42 p.m.

Hey.. um.. I'm fine. I'm with a friend. I'll get a cab back to the hotel later.

I then put my phone down and looked at Nadia again. She was honestly breathtaking. I'm sure she was in a relationship. Her eyes were a deep brown and her fingernails were beautifully manicured with a nice gold that went well with her skin tone.

"Taking in the view?" She giggled slightly.

"S-sorry! I was j-just.. erm-"

"No, no. It's alright, hun. Honestly I was about to do the same. People look different in nice lighting."

"Yeah, I guess you're right."

Just then the elevator door opened. We walked down the hall to one of the apartments. She unlocked the door and walked in.

It was a nice place. Just a modern one bedroom apartment. It smelled of lavender incense and it was definitely a pleasing aroma.

"Sorry about the mess. I wasn't really expecting company."

"What mess? It seems pretty neat in here."

"Ah thanks. Its just a few things that should probably be cleaned. But I'll save that for tomorrow."

I then heard clicking on the kitchen floor. Then a small fluffy dog appearing from behind the island.

I was extremely close from going into littlespace but I knew I had to stop myself. So I bit my lip instead.

"You okay? Don't worry, Milo here is hypoallergenic, so if you have an allergy, you shouldn't worry."

"Oh no! I'm not allergic or anything. I just wasn't expecting such an adorable little thing!" I exclaimed, bending down to allow the dog to sniff my hand.

He immediately started to jump onto my legs. I gently pet him behind the ears.

"Ah. He seems to like you a lot, Skylar. He isn't usually very friendly towards people."

"Really? But he seems so sweet!"

"Oh he definitely can be but he isn't usually towards new people. Anywayyyy, how about we get this movie night started?"

"Let's do it!"

Word count: 1,537

Hope you guys are enjoying. Am I the only one who's gone home with a stranger?? Let me know in the comments 😅