27:Epilogue

Dylan Blake

It's been a year since Nate and I got together. I was still in my last year of high school while Nate started to work at my father's mechanic shop while figuring out what he wanted to do with his life by taking a year off college to think it through.

I walked into the shop and saw Nate working on a car, his white shirt was dirty with some oil but his face brightened up when he saw me.

"Hey, there, little guy. You lost?"He asked sarcastically.

I rolled my eyes, "I brought you some lunch."I showed him the bag of muffins.

"Don't you have school?"He didn't waste any time taking the bag and looked through to it. He tried to grab one but I stopped him by slapping his hands away.

"Your hands are dirty."I pointed out,
"And my dad is driving me, he just has to go and  grabbed something here."

"Tell him to stay, I want to drive you."
He tried to wrap his arms around my shoulders but I stopped him again.

"Nate, dirty hands."I reminded.

>>>>>>

We ended up sharing the muffins in his car as I still had extra time before my class started.

"Have you seen this?"Nate chuckled and showed me his phone," Bella moved somewhere she hated just to be with the guy that she likes."

"I think it's romantic."I shrugged,
"They're like really happy."

"Bella, happy?"Nate chuckled.

His face then turned into an expression that I couldn't read.

"Dylan," He said softly and showed me the phone. It was a post from Bella. It was a picture of her hand with an engagement ring on her finger.

"Oh my god."I grabbed the phone," She can't be serious."

"I'll talk to Brad and we can try to get her out of this."Nate said and cupped my face with his right hand, "You need to go inside and study or whatever you kids do in school now."

The twins kinda got over all the Nate drama and they ended up being friends again after New Years' last year, which was a good thing.

"I'll see you later."I pressed my lips on his cheeks and got out of the car.

I walked inside the school, where I still had no friends and no boyfriend even this time.

I passed by Emily, who was the new Bella of the school and I tried not to mind her at all but that seemed impossible because she was standing in front of me.

"Can I help you?"I asked nervously,
"Don't you have your little group to run?"

"What group?"She asked as if she didn't know she had one.

"What do you want, Emily?"I asked again.

"Look, I feel bad with everything that went down last year."That was all she said.

"That's it?"I raised my eyebrows.

"I'm trying to be as sincere as I can, here."
She pouted, "I am sorry."

"Yeah, I forgive you but as for being friends, I don't think that-"

I couldn't finish my sentence as I felt a bucket of cold water splashed onto my body from above.

Emily laughed mischievously and so did her friends, "You really think that I want to be friends with you?"

Nate Carter