Chapter 24: Unexpected Allies

Start from the beginning

"Alright. You need to rest first. Tomorrow let's meet with you father. I'm sure he'd be happy to see you." Uncle Junsu said. "You three. You guard her well this time. I'll be going first and report to the master."

"You can count on us, uncle." Yugyeom stated, saluting.

Uncle Junsu finally left us and that's when I decided to confront Jisoo and Youngjae. I knew something's going on with them. And if it concerns Jisoo, I definitely need to know.

"Spill it already, Choi." I glared towards Youngjae.

***

[Yugyeom]

After listening to what Jisoo noona and Youngjae hyung have to say, my sister and I were left speechless. The fact the the Vampire Association is being led by a vampire and an original at that made me shiver all over. And even the fat that uncle Junsu might know about this was too much to handle already.

"Is that why you guys lied to him earlier?" Jennie noona exclaimed.

"That's right." Jisoo answered. "It's not like we're sure about uncle junsu being involved. We were just making sure. That's all."

"I can't believe this at all. Now what? We're teaming up with vampires now?" Jennie noona scoffed, feeling unamused.

"We don't have a choice Jen. They're all we've got." Youngjae hyung stated.

"Fine. Then let's get out of here and start hunting." Jennie noona finally said and started to rummage through her closet.

"What are you looking for, noona?" I asked, looking confused as she kept throwing out dresses.

"This." Jennie noona smirked as she laid out her guns being hidden from the very back of her closet. "What are you guys waiting for? Go get ready your weapons."

Both Youngjae hyung and I just rolled our eyes at noona's aggressive way of hyping up the atmosphere but I too started to head for my room and took out my daggers and some guns.

After making sure we're all ready, we started to head out. We made sure we avoided some hunters stationed outside. Some were just unfortunate as they were knocked out by Jennie noona without any remorse. When we reached outside the mansion, we drove Youngjae hying's car and headed for the Hunter Association's headquarters where we believe to be where King jaejoong hid the supposedly Kim Suji.

'We're here." Youngjae hyung exclaimed, unbuckling his seat belt and so did we.

"Uh— what's the plan again?" I asked, looking worried.

"Tsk." I heard Jennie noona clacking her tongue at me. "Kicking Jaejoong's butt, that is." She remarked making us scowl.

"Noona! Seriously!" I scolded.

"First. Let's all head inside without being noticed. Let's make sure they don't see Jisoo." Youngjae hyung started. "That's why we will go at the back and disguise ourselves as kitchen workers or something."

"Ugh! I took my time choosing this outfit! And now you're saying we have to dressed as servants?" Jennie noona glared at Youngjae hyung but then stopped when Jisoo noona eyed her knowingly. "Fine."

"I heard from uncle Junsu that the maste— I mean Kim Jaejoong was expecting some visitors tonight. Then it would be great timing when we're the ones to infiltrate as servers in order to reach the upper most floors." I informed.

"That's great." Jisoo noona beamed and ruffled my hair that made me smile sheepishly.

"Let's go." Youngjae hyung started and was the first one to head out from the hidden car we drove.

***

[Minhyuk]

I was all too stiff the whole time father and the master Jaejoong were talking. I couldn't even comprehend all the things that they were talking about. From time to time, my eyes would stare at the master's mouth, waiting to see the hidden fangs inside it but then quickly avert them away, feeling scared.

"Son? Hey, Minhyuk-ah." My father's voice suddenly interrupted my inner thoughts, making me flinch. "Are you even listening?"

"Huh? Ah—" I was too distracted especially knowing that the Master Jaejoong was watching me now. "I'm sorry. I was— Uhm—"

Knock! Knock!

"Sorry sir." One of dad's men entered the door. "We sighted some suspicious people inside the building." He reported.

My dad sighed like it was just a normal thing to know. Ever since the new quarters were renovated, people were sneaking in and out from the building, wanting to take a picture of the perfect interior of the headquarters. Most hunters guarding the gates would mistaken them as normal people getting to work since they couldn't sense danger from them— meaning they couldn't feel the urge to kill since they were not vampires and would just let them pass.

"Minhyuk-ah, you go first and see into it." My father demanded and I didn't think twice and left the suffocating room.

I was on the way to check every rooms at the current floor and reached the last one. I entered the room and find no one inside it but then my gut told me to check inside the closet. And so I carefully took steps towards it and held the handle. The closet was big enough and was facing away from the door and most people wouldn't even think of checking it out.

"One.. Two.." I silently counted and finally opened the door on three. "What the—"

"Son? What's going on?"

My eyes darted towards the main door to see my father. He must have come out to check on the status about the intruders and saw me entering this room. My eyes widen and stared back inside the closet only to see the pleading looks from Jisoo and yugyeom while both Youngjae and Jennie looked pissed off and giving me a silent warning.

"Nothing dad." I finally answered. "Everything's fine here." I added.

"Alright. I will be going back to the master. I have someone who he needs to meet." My dad said and finally left the room.

"Care to explain as to why the four you are cramped up in there?" I smirked.