Act 24 - We're All Waiting On a Dream That's Hard To Hold

       Allie desperately wished that the weekend didn't have to end because for it was one of the top weekends on her Favorite Weekend's With Dustin list, and because this week was going to be the longest week every in her whole entire High School career. That's right, this is the last week of school for Allie and her friends. Allie had always heard people before her say that the last week is always the most tear jerking week of your youth, but she didn't feel sad; she felt relieved in a way. No more homework, no more stupid cool kids who just can't seem to get over themselves and how they love to whisper the juicy gossip in each other's ears, and no more hiding her hunka-hunka burnin' love for Dustin from everybody in the hallway before class.

       Granted, Allie will still have to hide it from Nicole, but there was something about that thought that didn't seem to bother her anymore -- believe it or not. The only thing that bugged Allie so much about graduating from this place that made her feel like she was stuck in an episode of "Pretty Little Liars" *Secret- The Pierces* where a mysterious A knows all your secrets, is the fact that her mother is going a little bit overboard. Allie over heard her mother on the phone this morning with only the man upstairs knows who, about getting a designer dress for Allie to wear under her robe at the graduation ceremony.

       With Allie's luck of being a complete klutz, she would walk across the stage and rip the dress and feel a slight breeze -- if you know what I mean. All Allie really wants to do when school ends is just relax, have no worries, and maybe party hardy a little. Sounds perfect to her.

       The next week passed by in a fast blur, Allie woke up like she had every other school morning, got driven to school by Lola, had aimless thoughts while she sat in her class. Talk to her friends at lunch, Junior even joined them one day. After lunch, she would meet up with her dreamy boyfriend, Dustin, and talk about nothing and everything at the same time before she had to go into her art class.
       Then, at night, she would hang out over at Nicole's house, pretend like she and Dustin didn't have a thing going on, then she would fall asleep in his arms on his bed. The only thing that was different, well not all that different, Nicole was loving the attention on her and the baby. She was describing her morning sickness, her afternoon sickness, and just all the kind of sickness that was making Allie and Lola sick just hearing about it. Nicole also whined about the fact that Junior is paying attention to her, but apparently in her mind it's too much attention.
       Things were definitely changing for Allie and her friends, she never thought that she would be having to talk with an expecting mother at the age of only eighteen. Life was weird that way.