Sing Me to Sleep

Warning: this story contains old zarry , where Zayn is 81 and Harry is 80 besides it also contains major character death not sad ending though . They are always gonna be together 😁😁

And if you don't like this story please don't hate me cos I'm trying my best 🙏🙏

" Har- Harreh please let me call the ambulance babe "

"No Zee, don't"

"But-"

"You know I can't get better , it's my time to go anyway, accept the truth it'll make this easier for you, I'd rather die in your arms than in a hospital bed "  Harry replied ,still struggling to breathe, tears dripping down from his eyes and Zayn can't help but cry helplessly. He can barely move his body, his whole body is aching . It pains too much to even reach out and grab the water bottle for his dying husband .

He looks at Harry with pleading  and guilty eyes who's opened his green eyes again .Zayn is now hovering over the love of his life ,his tears falling down only to meet Harry's little stream of tears. Harry pulls him closer to snuggle into him.

" I know we both don't have much time but I'm- I'm just scared not of death though " Zayn says in a weak voice.

" Then why so afraid ?"

" I'm not afraid of death , I don't love that too weak body anyway. It's just- what if I lose you ? What if I don't find you in my next life ? Even if I find you again, would you fall in love with me again ?? I -" and he can't speak anymore because he is sobbing hard .

" I know you will find me , even if I lose myself in depth of the universes . Wanna know why ?" Harry says.

"W-why ?"

" Cause I pray to God every day and night, every moment . I beg him to let me be with you in my every life and I  have faith in him , he knows what we deserve , what we need . And guess who I need most ??you ." He smiles softly at Zayn  who smiles back with glossy eyes .

" Yeah , I promised you, you'll never be alone  and wherever you go I'll follow you like your shadow, snatch you away from the rest of the world and keep you to myself forever. Even if I don't wanna my Paths will always lead me to you."

" Yea, just like the first time we met , I  hadn't see your face before but there was something in your eyes which I felt, I had seen before , for which I was waiting . "

" I felt that too, you felt so divine . For the first time in my life I felt God is not really so far away .He's always near me I didn't realise until I met you. I was mesmerized , couldn't even talk , I remember ."

Harry's eyes traveled the whole room until they hit a picture of two toddlers sitting between Harry and Zayn . They were smilling, looking at the camera . Riz and Nawaz , their children ,whom they miss a lot. Harry can remember their last meeting which wasn't really pleasant . They were great kids but were always bullied for having gay parents . Surely they loved their parents a lot , but maybe their love wasn't that much strong to defeat the hate they were receiving from the world . Zayn and Harry were becoming their reason of getting hate so they left them. Few more tears dripped down from his eyes . Zayn's eyes soon followed the way Harry was looking at .

" I wish we could see them for the last time . You miss them so much, don't you ?" Zayn asked as tears drenched his cheeks too.

Harry nodded slowly , unable to utter a single word .

Suddenly Harry's chest was tightening, more and more tears were spilling out of his eyes , breathing was getting more difficult, his whole body was in agony . Harry knew it , since he woke up next to his husband few hours ago . He knew.

It was the day. 

He felt very sleepy . The only difference is he would not wake up again this time. So he tries to look at the beautiful face of his husband again , even though he can barely open his eyes  .

" Please don't close your eyes , meri jaan, please Harreh, please. " Zayn begged . Everything is happening in a hurry and he doesn't know what to do, what to think. " I love you , Ha- Harreh please. "he begs once again .

" Zee, Z-Zayn I love you, pl- please sing  me to sleep "  Harry blurts out somehow , waiting for the last bits of life to leave him already .

Zayn knows Harry hasn't much time ,and he wants to fulfill his lover's last wish.

" Which-"

" oh-h God , ca-cant help but-"

"Ok"  Zayn looks into Harry's eyes . Gold meets Green for the last time . Harry closes his eyes finally .

" Wise men say
Only fools rush in,
But I can't help but falling in love
With you "

Harry's face twisted in pain but the voice of his lover somehow managed to bring a little smile on his wrinkled face .

" Shall I stay ?
Would it be a sin?
If I can't help but falling
In love with you "

Zayn squeezed his hand and let a shaky breathe out . He tries to gulp the agonizing lump forming in his throat . Harry is the one who is dieing ,  but why Zayn is the one who's insides are burning . He can't help but blame God for this . He calls out his name helplessly, " Ya Allah "

" Like the river flows
Surely to the sea
Darling, so it goes
Some things are meant to be "

Harry's head is feeling so light ,he's drowning in darkness . Forty- thousands of Capricorn are biting his whole body . His insides are going through a violent storm but his body is getting calmer .

" Take my hand ,
Take my whole life too
For I can't help but
Falling in love with you "

And the darkness disappears  , the light is too bright that Harry can barely see . He's not in pain anymore .

"Like the river flows
Surely to the sea
Darling, do it goes
Some things are meant to be "

Zayn doesn't stop singing , though he can barely breathe , though the pain in his chest gets heavier  with every passing second . He goes on ...

"Take my hand
Take my whole life too
For I can't help but fallin-"

... Until he can't . Until his breath hitched and he can't see anything , anything but darkness . He falls onto his lover's body .

He kisses  Harry's forehead .

"But you'll never be alone."

" Wherever you go, I'll follow you like your shadow"

" Meri jaan"

And Zayn follows his lover ,to keep the promise of his love .

Hey lovelies ,so... That's it. Please tell me what do you think because  I  have written it with my love .

And yeah , Zarry is real 💚💛💚💛