🖤 Samekichi × Fukami (Bloody eyes) 🖤

Requested by Donut-bunny

tw violence, grief

💥💥

It was dead night.

Outside, the storm was raging.

Lights and thunders alternated in the sky, never striking at the same time.

There was a thunder so thundering that it harshly woke up the poor Samekichi, robbing him of his sleep.

He realized he was covered in cold sweat.

"Was it just a nightmare...?" he thought, as he noticed tears were streaming down his cheeks.

He held back his sobs - he didn't want to disturb Fukami, as he was sleeping right next to him.

Nonetheless, the octupus was one to wake up rather easily, so he already realized something was wrong.

<<Samekichi>> he whispered: <<Are you okay?>>.

The shark felt a lump forming in his throat: <<Yeah, don't worry... I'll go back to sleep right away>>.

Fukami's tentacles wrapped around Samekichi, who felt reassured by that embrace, despite himself. The octupus made his head rest upon his shoulder.

<<Did you dream about it again?>>.

Samekichi couldn't muster the courage to answer his question, although his silence was still pretty eloquent.

The octupus caressed his hair, softly.

Obviously, the shark was not the only one that still had nightmares about it.

Wadanohara's death impacted everyone, of course.

Years had passed, at this point. Everyone - Samekichi, Fukami, Dolphi and Memoca - were growing, building each other up. Lately, it even felt like time had started to flow forwards again, after it had been still, frozen in that moment in their minds, for such a long time.

And yet, even after all those years had passed, they always ended up being reminded of that night.

That dreadful night, when Wadanohara gifted them with the possibility to live on, but robbed them of the possibility to live on with her.

They didn't even need to discuss about it: both of them knew that one doesn't simply forget something like that, doesn't matter if one starts to love somebody else and starts a new life.

It will always come back in the depths of the unconscious, at least for a little longer.

Luckily, their day-to-day life instead now proceeded peacefully, as if nothing had happened: Fukami cooked for everybody, Samekichi was often the target of Memoca's and Dolphi's pranks - no matter how much they've grown, too, they still were quite the childish pair.

He'd never tell, but deep inside the shark was happy that they were still the same.

They lived together in the house that once belonged to the little witch.