Chapter 1

Most people never get that chance in life when they realize where they're whole life changed with just one descision. I got this feeling as I was running down the street for my life. I continued to hear the haunting voice as he called my name pleadingly, "Sophia, please don't do this, you have no idea what they are capable of!" Jake and I had been dating on and off for quite a few months when I met the very mysterious but also very sexy Jackson. Jake seemed to instantly not like Jackson, which is understandable considering the circumstances of our first meeting. Knowing the whole time, I have a choice and I do not have to go with Jackson but I felt drawn to him.

**Flashback (2 weeks before):

Walking into Cuzzins was like walking into a high school reunion every time I walked in. I could always count out at least five or six people that I would rather not see. Either way, I was dreading going out tonight because it was suppose to freeze and I hate the cold weather. However, I heard that Randy Houser was suppose to be playing and a certain guy I had my eye on was also going to be supposedly dropping by the bar as well.

As soon as I walked in I felt that atmosphere change almost immediately. I can't quite explain it I just sensed that someone was instantly watching me but as I made my way to the bar I couldn't see anything out of the ordinary or a certain hottie I was looking for either. Jake was here as usual, just to annoy me I believe. Poor boy just couldn't take a hint that I didn't want to see him anymore. It was about this time that I noticed a lone figure sitting at the edge of the bar with the brownest eyes and most well defined jaw line that I have ever seen. I couldn't take my eyes off of him as soon as I seen him. It was like an instant attraction.

The bar tender Eddie, noticing that I was practically drooling over the "new guy" advised that he hasn't spoken to anyone since he walked in and that his name is Jackson according to his ID that was checked at the door. I barely heard a word of what Eddie was saying until he mentioned his name "..........Jackson according to his ID". This is when I seem to snap out of my clinger status stare and noticed that Jackson was staring back at me. I couldn't believe it but some things just get stuck in your mind and no matter what you do you cannot get the image out of your head. This is how I felt at the moment, almost as though I could stare into his eyes forever and never be bored.

By the end of the night however, Jackson finally came over to introduce himself which I tried not to let my eyes bulge out of my head as he started walking my way. "Hello, I'm Jackson Walker, but you already knew that huh?" I couldn't help but try to hide the blush that seemed to turn my face instantly red. Somehow he had heard Eddie tell me what his name was earlier. That was impossible. Forgetting that I was in my own little world for a second there, I came back to reality when this wonderful being's laugh invaded my ears. He had the deepest baritone laugh I have ever heard. Almost huskily sounding and his eyes twinkled just a little when he did it. Not sure how long we sat there making small talk but I was brought back to the scene before us as Eddie called last rounds.

Not wanting to say bye to Jackson just yet but knowing that I wouldn't go him with him on the first night. I pretty much didn't see an option. I gave him my number and he advised that I would be hearing from him soon. As I laid down to go to sleep that night, I couldn't seem to get Jackson out of my head no matter what I did.

**End of Flashback

That's when I first noticed that something was odd about Jackson. I have never been an emotional girl by any means. Never been really tied down with anyone and of course never fallen for anyone. The emotional part just wasn't there for some reason. My Boss use to tell me that I should have been more a male since it made more sense to him if I were male and acted the way I do rather than how I am I suppose. I couldn't get Jackson out of my head and I had only seen him once. The whole entire night I just kept stealing glances at him and that led to Jake shooting jaggers at Jackson which he seemed to not notice or just didn't care.