"I agree," mom said while eating.

"I thought I would take Tori out to cheer her up," Elias mentioned as he ate.

I spit out my drink.

"Was it something I said?" Elias asked.

I choked on my drink as I grabbed a napkin and wiped my face.

"Thanks for the shower, Tori," Gabe said, cleaning himself off.

"No," I coughed.

"I think that's a great idea," mom agreed.

I held a napkin on my face while looking at my mom. I don't understand my parents. They hated Bradley Wilson but are okay with Elias hanging out with me. The next thing I know, mom will plan my wedding.

******
Elias

I had to play this right. I didn't want Tori to think I waited for her to drop Bradley. Plus, I wanted to take my time. She deserved the best of me.

We finished breakfast, and I waited. Tori grabbed her bag, and we left the house. We walked towards the car and got in. I backed out and drove to the park. We got out of the vehicle.

"Interesting place to hang out," Tori mentioned.

"Who doesn't love a park?" I asked over the roof of the car.

"You would be amazed."

We closed the doors and walked over to the swings. We sat down and started swinging.

"Okay, spill. Why Bradley Wilson?" I asked, swinging back and forth.

"Because I'm young and dumb," Tori answered.

I slowed down and stopped. Tori followed suit. We sat there.

"Why don't you give yourself more credit?" I asked.

Tori looked at me. "Who wants to date a tomboy? I couldn't date until I turned sixteen. Bradley was the only one who asked me out."

"How did that work out for you?" I asked.

"Not so good," she answered.

I chuckled.

"But Deacon is right," Tori added.

"About what?" I asked.

"Bradley is a one-inch man."

I looked at Tori, surprised.

"Do you know he would take me to a secluded place so he could beat off?" Tori asked me.

"No, and I didn't want to know that. Thanks for sharing," I answered, rolling my eyes.

"Sharing is caring." Tori grinned.

I shook my head. "Don't tell me you and Bradley did anything."

"Oh, God no," Tori said with disgust. "Bradley kept wanting to, but I'm not ready. Plus, I don't want personal moments with someone I don't love."

So Tori's never been in love. That's a new development. I have to change that.

"What about that crush you had?" I asked.

"I don't know." Tori shrugged.

"Did you ever tell your crush?"

Tori looked at me. "I doubt the guy would feel the same way. Some guys use a crush to crush the person. I know it happened to me."

I furrowed my brows.

"What if your crush didn't know and it was an accident?" I asked.

"That makes my crush dumb."

I arched an eyebrow at Tori.

"How does a guy not know a girl likes him?  The signs are obvious," Tori retorted.

"Not always," I reasoned.

We looked at each other. I wasn't aware of Tori's crush, but she doesn't know my feelings changed. We'll have to change that.

We got off of the swings and walked towards the water. I realized that Tori didn't want to get crushed. I don't want to destroy her. I had to show her I wouldn't.

People say friendship turns to love. I hope that's true. Tori never judged me. She was everything a guy wants and more. One day, I would show her I'm that guy.

********
Tori

Hanging out with Elias was making old feelings resurface. He changed a lot since he graduated from high school but kept his personality. He never made me feel I didn't matter and would listen to me. It's what made me develop a crush in the beginning.

We walked over the railing and leaned on it.

"My brothers and I were talking about, heading to the cabin for a week. Did you want to come?" Elias asked me.

I looked at Elias. "My parents won't let me go unless Gabe goes," I mentioned.

"It's a good thing Gabe is coming with Gia," Elias said, surprising me.

"Hanging out with everyone for a week should be interesting," I said.

"It's like the last hurrah before Deacon graduates, and I start work," Elias mentioned.

"It'll take my mind off what happened."

"That's the spirit." Elias gave me a playful slug in the arm.

I shook my head and rolled my eyes. I'm spending a week with my brother, Gia, and the Harper boys. Let's hope Deacon doesn't tip over the boat again. He did get smarter over the years, so it shouldn't happen. Then also, this is Deacon.