˗ˏˋ 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐎𝐧𝐞 ˎˊ˗⁣

THE day had started off as usual for Athena. She would train with her weapons, be tutored on how to act like the future Queen of Azgeda, and repeat the process until one day her cycle of repeat stopped as the Queen had to speak, "Athena, it's time to travel to Polis you can take one of your handmaidens with you." Her mother's adoptive voice rang through her ears as she sighed softly but bowed.

"Of course, My Queen," Athena said her voice void of emotions her eyes dull. Nia could see that she forced her adoptive daughter and Princess to her clan to grow up too soon but in this world young had to grow up strong or they would fall. In her own twisted way, Nia was doing this to make Athena strong, she is the longest war Chief Troy has had since the prior Chief Athena's father Kurt. "Melody, go pack you will be coming with me and our Queen to Polis," Athena spoke to the brown-haired female who basically helped raise her when she was only fifteen. She saw Melody walk forward before bowing in front of the two as she watched Nia dismiss the female with a wave of her hand.

"We ride tonight to Polis young one," Nia said watching as Athena twirled her sword she was used to sparring with Echo who was on a mission for Nia. Even though Athena wasn't a child anymore Nia still called her by that nickname since they first met nine years ago.

"Of course mother," Athena said as she twirled back to face her mother with a small smile. As she watched Nia walk from the training room before she picked up a dagger secretly spinning around throwing it at Athena to see if she could catch it with a playful grin Athena eyed her mother as she caught the dagger before it hit her throat surprising most of the newer palace guards because even they couldn't do that. She looked around feeling something off she looked at the guard closest to the Queen with narrowed eyes as she spoke. " Take my mother to her chambers and do not let the Queen out of your sight or I will kill every last one of you. You have my orders." She watched as four guards surrounded their Queen as they began to lead her down a secret passageway to the Queen's and Princess's chambers, they could hear swords clashing and people yelling so they hurried and gently pushed Queen Nia into her chamber before following her in there and locking the door. The guards feared their Princess more than their Queen.

As soon as Athena saw her mother leave the normal way she smirked knowing they would soon take the secret passageway she had installed very little know that the palace has a secret passageway. She saw warriors dressed in Trikru clothes break into the room surrounding the Princess, they looked slightly fearful to see they would be facing Athena and not the Queen like a spy in the palace said. Athena tilted her head to the side with a wicked glint before she twirled her sword watching as two trikru warriors came at her making her block one of their swords as she stabbed one and kick the other in the chest sending him flying back into the wall, as another tried to sneak up behind her but she twirled around knocking him off his feet causing him to yell out in pain as he yelled out in pain as her sword cut his head off, the last one looked scared but he charged towards Athena anyways causing her to block his sword before twisting his sword arm causing his sword to clang to the floor as she slid her sword all the way through his stomach causing him to scream loud making her smirk watching the light drain from his eyes as she pulled the sword out as blood was splattered all over her face and clothes as she tied up the only survivor who already knew what his fate would be once he woke up.

She walked out of the training room dragging the unconscious male through the halls seeing the guards look confused and worried for their Princess as she led the male to the throne room as she spoke softly for a guard to get her mother watching as the female guard ran off to her mother's chambers as she dragged her dagger softly up the male's neck and cheek before she smacked him hard with her hand watching as he gasped awake as his head flew to the side everyone in the palace could hear the loud smack as an emotionless laugh which belonged to their Princess, as they rushed to the throne room since they thought she was the one who got smacked but sighed in relief as they saw the male she had tied up and on the floor as she knelt beside the male.

"Tell me why you thought it would be acceptable to break into the Queen's palace and attack the Princess of Azgeda? Or I will slowly torture you, unlike the fast kill your three buddies got." Athena spoke with false sweetness dripping from her words as the male remained silent which made the guards chuckle softly as Athena sighed in false annoyance before stabbing his right thigh with her dagger as she twisted it causing him to scream out in pain. "Tell me or it will get worse Trikru spy, and I will gladly bring your head to Indra and your commander." Athena said as the male's eyes widened but he stayed quiet as she glared at the male, "Or I could kill you in front of Indra and your commander at Polis, and make everyone watch as you broke the agreement between Trikru and Azgeda, your commander made the agreement because she wanted us in the coalition which my mother happily accepted as long as trikru stayed away from Azgeda borders, which you and your three dead friends decided against, so I think I will kill you at Polis since Polis is neutral ground. Trikru started a war and the Azgeda army is bigger than any army from any clan." Athena said as she kept her dagger in the male's thigh as she heard whispers of guards saying.

"My Queen we are glad you are safe." As multiple feet steps were heard parting for their Queen who saw Athena kneeling before a body with her royal dagger stuck in his thigh as he was tied up.

"You broke the law so by the hand of the one who you tried to kill, you will die by my hand tonight at Polis." Nia heard Athena speak with happiness in her voice as she continued to speak. "Four guards will be stationed around you at all times, you will have no weapons you will be whipped and burned if you get out of line at all during our journey to the capital, and I will take great pleasure in doing it myself there is a reason I am named the Death Queen. I have more blood on my hands than any of my mother's guards, I was named the youngest war chief of troy at the age of twelve, I am a legend known among other clans, I am the spy. I am Princess Athena Kom Azgeda, future Queen of Azgeda, and war chief of troy, I am my Queen's most successful spy and killer." As Athena named her titles off she saw the male's eyes widen and his mouth open and close.

"You will have my four most loyal guards watching you." After Athena said that she saw the two guards she had met nine years ago step forward and two of the guards she grew up with once she was named Princess they offered to be her personal guard and the Queen allowed it. Once all four men were beside her she stepped back as Nile grabbed her dagger yanking it out harshly and Abe wrapped his thigh with a cloth to stop the bleeding.

author's note

This took FOREVER, to write, the next chapter will be the ride to Polis. I do hope you all enjoy this! 🤍 it took awhile to figure out how I wanted to write it since Thea (Athena) is my sweet angel who was forced to grow up to fast, would you all love to see a flashback of Thea learning about her parents death from Nile? Or from the harsh Ice Queen who actually turns soft for her adoptive daughter? Please do let me know 🤍

- Marisé