Chapter 1

Almost everyone knew the name Y/N L/N. She was one of the most talented and youngest gunslingers in the mid 1800's. She rode with no one but had close ties with the Van Der Linde gang, especially that Arthur Morgan. Everyone feared her until one day...

You had just run into Dutch Van Der Linde and Arthur Morgan once more. Ever since your mother left you, traveling had been your only escape. You kept moving farther East and it seemed everywhere you were, the Van Der Linde gang was. You had become much closer to Arthur everywhere you saw him. Today was the day that would change your life and you didn't even know it. The boys had invited you to come to their gang one last time and you politely declined the offer. "Like I have stated before, I prefer to ride alone. I'd rather not worry about other people's well being any much more than I do you two already." Dutch nodded and smiled. "We're always here if you need us, darlin'." You smiled back and gave him a half hug. Arthur had a sad look in his eyes but a smile on his lips. "Alright. Stay safe, Y/N." He pulled you in by your waist and hugged you. Your arms around his neck, savoring the moment.

Dutch smiled and piped up. "How would you like to rob a stagecoach with us tomorrow night? No gang joining or  anything of the sort. Just me, Arthur, and John." You though about the offer all of 2 seconds. "I would love to, Dutch." He nodded. "Right. Midway to Emerald Ranch around midnight." You wrote that down in your journal and put it back in your satchel. "See you two then!" You said as they rode away on their horses. Little did anyone know, that night would be the last you remembered them.

——————————————————

It was a few hours before the stagecoach robbery with Dutch, Arthur, and John. You were preparing your ammo and guns when you had the feeling of being watched. You looked around but had seen no one. You continued the preparation of weapons, including a large hunting knife and a set of 2 small daggers Arthur had given you for Christmas the year prior. The feeling got even stronger as you got on your horse. Again, you checked with every bit of sight you had, and again, no one seemed to be there.

As you rode away, you heard rustling and nudged your horse to go faster. You looked behind you and there was a man about 6'8" standing with two guns and a machete where you had previously been. He took off in a dead sprint towards you, throwing small but dangerous projectiles. You spurred your horse until it couldn't go faster, but the man was easily catching up to you. As you rode to meet the boys, something sharp and hot hit your shoulder and fell. You saw the boys in the distance, Arthur beginning to ride towards you at sight of the tall man chasing you. The pain was so immense from whatever hit you, it made you fall foreword off your horse, flipping it over and on top of you. The horse landed on your upper section, including your head and neck. Barely alive, you heard Arthur start shooting at the man but to no avail. The man stabbed another hot and sharp knife into your thigh and you passed out. The last thing you heard was Arthur on the verge of tears shouting at the man as he ran away.

(Sorry this was so short! It's my first chapter. I have much more coming in the next one though!)
-The Author