[twenty-one]

• past •

It's was the last game of Quidditch for the year and Gryffindor had won! They, as a house, had decided to throw a crazy party since this was most of their last years at Hogwarts, including Astara. It was her last year and she was ready to make the most of her last months. Besides, no one throws a party like the Gryffindors!

Someone had managed to sneak in some Butterbeer and Firewhiskey so now everyone was either drunk, about to be, or trying to stay a little sober for their wasted friends. Astara happened to fall under the first category.

Something you should know about her is that she is a very happy and giggly drunk. So now she was laughing with people she didn't even know whole Sirius kept an eye on her from afar, making sure she didn't do anything dumb. Aka: making sure no guys touch her.

He watched from across the room as Astara giggled with some guys. Her hair was long and sliver with large crescent moon earring and glitter makeup like most of the girls there. Her dress was a tight, long sleeve black dress with open stitching down the side from her neck. She looked beautiful and everyone could see it. Especially the boys.

"You know, if you keep glaring like that, you're gonna burn a hole through someone's head." James said teasingly next to Sirius but the black haired boy didn't look away from her across the room. She was dancing with one of the Ravenclaw boys she had been talking to before.

He told himself it was just the natural instinct of a best friend to want to protect her, but deep down he knew it was so much more than that. He didn't want that boy to be touching her, because he wanted to be the only one to be able to do that.

Sirius couldn't help but shake his head in amusement as he watched James giddily dance with his girlfriend Lily, who had finally agreed to go out with him. He looked over to Remus and Peter. Remus, who was never much of a party goer like James and Sirius, looked like he was enjoying himself. And Peter, who had just taken a bunch of shots, looked like he was having the time of his life.

"Siri! Come get a drink with me!" He turned his head at the sound of his voice coming from a very happy and very drunk Astara. She smiled widely at him and grabbed his arm, hugging it close to her.

He raised an eyebrow at her and asked skeptically, "How many have you already had, love?"

She only giggled and said, "Not enough! Let's go!" Astara tried to pull him over to the drink bar but since Sirius was both stronger and larger than her, she failed. He just shook his head and chuckled, "No, honey, I think it's time for bed."

She whined and said, "Noooo! The party's not over yet!"

"But you need sleep." He said as he began to pull her towards the girls dormitory but she wiggled free and ran back to the party. Sirius sighed and decided to let her tire herself out.

Which worked. By the end of the party, only a few stragglers left as the more sober people try to help their friends up the stairs and back to bed. It was about 1 in the morning when Sirius found Astara almost pasted out on one of the common room couches. Remus had helped Peter back to bed while Lily helped James.

When the black haired boy walked over to the couch and was finally in Astara's line of vision, her mouth spread into a wide smile as she tiredly threw her arms out in his direction.

"Siri!" She cheered quietly as she giggled happily at the sight of her best friend. Sirius noticed that her hair had shrunk up and turned to bouncy light pink curls that fanned out against the couch.

He smiled at her and said, "Hi, love. You ready for bed now?" She sleepily nodded her head and reached out for him. He grabbed her and lifted her up so he was carrying her almost bridal style but with her side upright and the side of her body against him, her head resting on his shoulder.

Sirius carried her up the stairs and into her dorm room. Marlene and Alice were already fast asleep and Lily's bed was empty so he guessed that she stayed with James. (He was a cuddly drunk.)

He placed Astara on her bed quietly, as to not disturb the others. He took off her hoop earrings and leather choker as well as her high heels. Sirius found a container of makeup wipes so he took off her glittery makeup as well, having to hold her so she won't wobble too much.

He laid her down and covered her with her blanket. He went to quietly walk away and back to his dorm when a small hand grabbed his wrist.

"I love you, Siri." His eyes widened. Her words were slurred slightly but he could hear what she said clearly. When he didn't make an noise, Astara opened her eyes a little and asked, "Do you love me too?"

Sirius smiled sadly with his back still turned to her, knowing that she wouldn't remember this in the morning. Knowing that, he answered, "Yes, Astara. I love you too." 'More than you know.' He thought to himself.

Satisfied with his answer, she let go of him and turned around. She shut her eyes and grabbed the pillow that wasn't under her head, pulling it to her chest and using it like a teddy. Astara fell asleep quickly and Sirius left the room.

He walked back to the boys dorms and thought, 'If only you meant it the same way I do..'

What Sirius didn't remember at that moment was drunk words are just sober thoughts.