[twenty]

• present •

Astara stood in the 12 Grimmauld Place kitchen as she washed the dishes from dinner. Everything had gone smoothly as they discussed there next plans of action. Harry had been taken to the ministry by Mr. Weasley for his hearing and Sirius had been trying to sneak out. Remus had put her in charge of staying with Sirius and keeping him company while the others were out.

She didn't even turn her head to see Sirius try to open the door as she heard the padding of a dogs paws. "You're not going anywhere, Sirius. Get you arse back here."

She smirked when she heard a huff before he turned back and walked to the kitchen. He wrapped his arms around her waist and tucked his nose into her neck whilst he pouted.

"But Taraaa, I need to see him before he goes in." He whined, which made her chuckle at his childish behavior.

"Sirius, if you're seen then you could go back to Azkaban. You shouldn't risk it."

"But I will be a Padfoot and nobody will recognize me. Please? I promise I'll be careful." He turned her around by her arms and gave her the puppy dog eyes. Since she had known Sirius for a very long time, these didn't have any effect on her anymore but she felt bad for him, being cooped up in this house.

"Fine," He face lit up, "but you have to be back soon! One hour, that's all! Ok?" He nodded before pulling her into a hug and kissed her on the cheek before running off the front door.

Astara's cheek heated up as she smiled to herself and finished washing the plates. 'Silly man...'

***

It had been 2 weeks since Harry's hearing and him going back to school. Astara and Sirius had been catching up and getting along great, just like they were back in school. They had spent most of their time alone, but occasionally they would get Order members coming in and out of the place.

Sirius sat on the couch while Astara sat in the arm chair in the living room. She had been going through her mail, one from Harry, one from Mrs. Weasley and one from...Hermione? She furrowed her eyebrows as she opened the letter.

Dear Ms. White,
I don't know if I should tell you this but I'm worried about Harry. This lady from the ministry, Dolores Umbridge, gave him detention for speaking in class and he came back with scars on his hand. He tried to hide it but I saw a bit of it. I think she was using a blood quill on him as punishment. Harry's been really on edge ever since the death of Cedric Diggory. This woman is horrible too! She interrupted Dumbledore new school year speech. I just wanted you to be up to date. I hope you and Padfoot are doing well.
Love,
Hermione Granger

Anger filled her body. A blood quill!? How could she?! Astara knew exactly who this bitch was. Astara and her had worked at the ministry but, thankfully, not in the same department. She was the scum of the earth.

Astara stood up out of her chair and stomped out of the room, making Sirius look up from his paper. He watched as she stomped back in the room with her boot heels and slipped them on.

"Where are you going?" He asked as his eyes tranced her angry furrowed brows and eyes filled with fire.

"Well," She stood back up and looked at him, "My mom taught me to always put things back where I found it. So I gotta go put a bitch back in her place."

Sirius, having dealt with this at Hogwarts and loving when she was like this all the same, looked back down at his paper and said, "Have fun. Don't kill anyone."

She walked towards the door and waved at him over her shoulder.

***

"Come on then! Don't want to miss it!"

"What? What's happening?" Harry asked as the twins hooked their arms under his and were starting to drag him off somewhere. Standing in a big circle were a bunch of students like when Umbridge tried to kick Trelawney out of the school. But his green eyes really widen when he saw who was in the middle.

Astara White. His aunt/godmother.

"You can't not be on school property, Ms. White!" Umbridge screeched as she glared at the woman who was smirking at her. Astara's white hair was loose, pulled into a low ponytail. Her black turtle neck with spilt bell sleeves and a grey plaid skirt with straps going over her shoulders.

"But, you see, as a graduate student, you can't kick me off campus. Besides, it's Thursday. Professor McGonagall and I have tea and gossip about others." Her piercing blue eyes stared at the small woman. McGonagall was standing behind her with a proud smile.

Astara's black painted lips spread into a sarcastic smile as she said with fake enthusiasm, "And guess who's this weeks topic!"

Before Umbridge could come up with a comeback, Astara stalked towards her. Even though she was smaller than most at this school, she practically towered over the pink clad woman.

She bent down to her ear and whispered menacingly, ""If you use the bloody thing on my son again, I will make your life living hell."
The smirk on her face only grew when she heard the woman gasp.

She stood back up to her normal and walked over to McGonagall, not before looking at Umbridge's shock and almost horrified facial expression.

""Ar-are you threatening me, Ms. White?!" She sputtered out in disbelief that she would be threatened like this.

Astara on the other hand, simply turned her head towards her, a smile on her face as she looked at the small woman.

"It's not a threat, darling. It's a promise." She said simply before turning back around, taking the arm her old Professor offered her and walked away with a proud smirk on her face.

As they students clapped and cheered for her, Umbridge huffed and stomped away, feeling utterly humiliated.