three. (danger zone. kenny loggins)

———————————————————————

It took forever and a half for the week to come down to Friday, but it was finally the day of Penny Locke's party, and it was supposed to be the biggest party of the year... as cliche as it sounded.

Cameron and I had decided that he would just take me to his house from school and I could get ready at his house since I was assisting him.

The final bell rung and I practically sprinted to Cameron's parking spot, to find him, Ferris, and Sloane all standing around and talking.

"There she is!" Sloane cheered. "Are you ready for tonight?"

"I most certainly am, Sloane! What about you?" I smiled.

"I'm ready." she winked, now nestling herself in Ferris's arms.

"Cam? You ready?" I asked.

"Ready as I'll ever be." he replied in his monotone voice.

"Hey, Heather!" I heard a familiar voice shout.

I looked up to find my ex boyfriend, Richie, with his parade of fellow football goons following him.

"Hi, Richie." I shyly replied.

"You looked great this morning at cheer practice, I saw you when the guys and I were stretching for lacrosse." he said, scratching the back of his head.

"Thanks, Rich." I said, showing no interest.

"Can you wear that nice crop top to the party tonight, it's tight in just the right places-" he said now raising his hand to touch my left breast. I pulled his hand down, and lightly shoved it back towards his chest.

"Just for that, no." I said, looking up at him with angry eyes.

I felt a tall presence now standing closely behind me.

"Leave her alone, Richie." the tall presence spoke. It was Cameron.

"Or else what, Frye? Is Daddy's money gonna beat me up?" Richie taunted, receiving laughs from the other guys.

"No, but Daddy's money could buy you a new act. We know you're just talk, Richie. Don't make me remind you of Penny's last party when Derrick Decker punched you so hard, you  fell back and shattered the coffee table." Ferris chimed in, now standing to my side.

"Whatever, Ferris Bullshit." Richie shot back. "I'll see you tonight, Heath." he winked.

"Perv." Sloane said, resting her hand on my shoulder.

"It's time to go." Cameron said, now slumping into his car.

"Guess that's your cue." Sloane spoke, now pulling me in close. "Cheer him back up, I'm sure you can." she whispered.

"I don't know if I can, but maybe a hot girl at the party will." I whispered back, causing us to both to quietly laugh.

"Okay okay, that's enough gossiping, I have a lady to escort home to change before the party." Ferris said, now pulling Sloane back away from me.

"Bye, Sloane. Bye, Ferris." I waved, now climbing in Cameron's car.

"Let's ride!" I shouted, slapping Cameron's dashboard.