Chapter 36. Planning for the Future ☾

Start from the beginning

Draco grimaced, moving his hand to touch his nose. "Yeah, you have got one heck of a right hook there, Granger." Draco complimented grimly. Hermione smiled. Sirius doubled over laughing.

"You got punched by a girl? You got punched by Hermione, of all people? No offence, of course." He told the girl. She just smiled.

"None taken. Anyway, we had tea at Hagrid's, and then Scabbers turned up. We hurried out when the minister gets there, but Scabbers bit Ron's hand and escaped. We chased after him until you got there, Sirius. Ron caught the rat but then you grabbed Ron's leg with your teeth and drug him to the Shrieking Shack. Harry and I, after fighting the Whomping Willow, followed you down.

"When we got there, you started talking about killing something, which we automatically thought was Harry, until Remus got there. Then, he hugged you and started saying how they couldn't kill anyone until Harry understood. Right after that, Professor Snape showed up, ready to turn Sirius in. Harry disarmed the professor but it hit him so hard, he was thrown back and knocked out. Then Sirius explained how he was innocent, we went out, but it was a full moon and Remus transformed.

"Peter escaped while we focused on not getting killed by a werewolf. Sirius and Harry were attacked by dementors, and then Harry and I relived the night again to save everyone!" She finished. Draco and Sirius sat back in their seats stunned.

"Yup, that pretty much sums it up." Harry laughed. Luna started chuckling with him. Draco, who had retained his wits, looked confused.

"How did you relive the night again?" Draco queried. He thought about it for a minute and then stood up in shock. "You have a time turner! That explains why you can take all those classes and relive a night over again. Merlin! Am I that stupid now that I'm a Gryffindor?" Draco wondered.

"Hey!" all the Gryffindor's yelled at once.

"That's beside the point. First, we need to decide who will cast 'Expelliarmus' at Professor Snape." Hermione redirects.

"I should probably knock out Sev. He can't hate me. I'm his godson." Draco decided.

"No, I wanna knock out Professor Snape." Harry argued.

"No, I should knock him out." Draco countered.

"No, I should!" Harry exclaimed.

"No, me!"

"No, me!"

"The point is not to knock Professor Snape out!" Hermione interrupted, trying to get the boys to stop fighting.

"Yeah, that would make for an awkward family reunion. 'Draco tell us about the time when you knocked out your godfather again.'" Draco imitated. "Yeah, that just isn't going to happen."

"That settles it. I'll knock out Professor Snape." Harry stated with completion.

"Harry, Professor Snape will be the only adult that night that isn't going to turn in to a werewolf." Hermione reminded them.

"Sirius is an adult!" Harry claimed. Draco, Hermione and even Luna looked at Harry. He started cracking up laughing.

"Yeah, I can't even keep a straight face with that one." Harry snickered.

"I am an adult!" Sirius argued.

"But you're also a convicted mass murder who doesn't have a lot of authority." Draco reminded him. Sirius glared but nodded in agreement.

"Nevertheless, what do you need me to do?" Sirius asked, turning his attention to Harry.

"Well we need to get everyone to the Shrieking Shack. I doubt Draco is going to let you pull him by the leg, so...." Harry trailed off looking at Hermione to finish for him.