"You mean that?"

"Of course I mean it, Tommy. I would give anything to be able to live a normal life with you. No enemies, no living in fear of your life or my own, just a normal life."

He hesitated, breathing slowly as he processed the information. Tommy scoffed at himself before walking over to Y/n and pulling her flush against himself. "I love you. I know, we'll have to talk about this in the morning, but for now, I need you to know that I love you."

"Promise me."

"Promise you what?"

She pulled away slightly, looking into his eyes, "Promise me you'll never forget me. If I betray this man... I could die. So, remember me. Whether I run or die. If I run, and the man forgets about me or dies or... so on, promise you'll look for me?"

The silence that began to crawl it's way into the room haunted Y/n. She held a breath, fearing the worst of his response before- "Do you even have to ask? How could I ever forget a woman like you?" A smile formed upon his lips, a chuckle following suite.

Even the half smile would have slowed down the time, If I could call you half mine, Maybe this is the safest way to go.

We're singing, Heya heya heya heya, Heya, heya heya. This is the safest way to go nobody gets hurt. We're singing, Heya heya heya heya, Heya, heya heya, You go back to him and then I'll go back to her

So if I stand in front of a speeding car, Would you give your little heart? Say the word? Due to just me and you, This way everyone will know; 'Cause these secrets all that we've got so far. The demons in the dark, lie again, Play pretends like it never ends, This way no one has to know

Tommy excused himself from a conversation with a friend of his wife's, following something only he seemed to see. It had to be. He was certain. His heart began to pound in his chest.

Only a week ago, he'd married the daughter, gained mercy for his family, and broke his own heart as well as Y/n's. He really wasn't in love, despite convincing his wife and the people who'd attended the wedding. Deep down, his heart belonged to the woman he know held against the wall.

His lips traveled up her neck, hand gripping her thigh against his waist. Kissing was the only thing they'd done that night, but her hesitance told him something.

"Is there anything you'd like to tell me?" He mumbled against her jawline, the tingle-like tickle causing her to giggle softly.

"We have to stop this."

He stopped, smile dropping from his face, and pulled away. "What do you mean?"

"Thomas." He pulled away, allowing his eyes to scan her features fully. Though the light was dim, he could see every detail. The seriousness they held made his heart drop. "You have a wife. Her father... my employer... he found someone for me. Not my choice, as I would love to continue this... he just..."

"Knows you love me." Tommy's eyes fell to the ground, realization hitting him as he finished her sentence. "I understand."

"Re-remember your promise?" Her words caught his attention once more, "Even though this is the way to live...don't forget me. We can find a way to push through this."

"You're right."

"I love y-"

"You made your point. I have to forget about you. This is the way to live. And if I still have you on my mind, it won't seem real."

"Tommy-" Y/n's hand came to his cheek slowly, but he pushed it away. "Tommy, don't do this-"

"No." He scoffed, chuckling mockingly. "You tell me to give us up, then you tell me not to. Make up your mind, Y/n. Either risk our lives so we can be together, or be a coward and give us up."