Just when she left, her boyfriend stomped out of his room as he heard the commotion and Eric pointed at Joey's room. Juyeon walked past Eric and Hyunjun in the living room to his girlfriend's room.

Eric then sighed as he rubbed his temple. "Invite me when you're studying in school."

Hyunjun snorted. "We don't even go to the same college." Eric eyed him and he cleared his throat. "Fine, is everyone else home?" He asked.

"Except for Chanhee hyung and Changmin hyung." Eric answered. "I'm going back to study."

Eric left and Hyunjun dragged his feet to the couch. He then stared at Joey's opened room as he could hear the couple talking more like bickering as per normal. Should I ask Jo about her?

FYI
(new arrangement after hyung line went for enlistment)
Room 1: Joey
Room 2: NyuKyu
Room 3: MoonSun
Room 4: HakRic
Room 5: JunJu

↬↬↬↬↬♡↫↫↫↫↫

After sending Yeosang off the next morning, Yiseul went to work. Though she was working on other cases, her mind kept thinking of the serial penknife slasher.

"Yah."

Yiseul shifted her gaze and chinned up.

"Are you going back to investigate that slasher?" Her colleague who knew her character very well, asked.

Yiseul hummed in response. "He lived in the same neighbourhood as my friend. The more I should quickly catch him."

"Get someone to accompany you. Don't go alone." He advised.

Yiseul shrugged. "You can come with me if you want."

"Tonight?"

"Yeah."

He waved in rejection. "Oh no way, I'm celebrating my anniversary with my girlfriend."

Yiseul snorted a laugh. "Enjoy~"

Time flew real quick and as planned, Yiseul went back to the last case where it happened after her morning shift. Indeed, she's that persistent when it comes to loose culprits just like her friend's ex boyfriend case.

Joey's ex boyfriend was an abusive and obsessive man that always got away with money and connections. Joey was one of the victims and thanks to her cooperation, Yiseul managed to lock the man she had been working on for quite some time. And that was also when they started to get closer and their friendship bloomed.

"Was he released?"

Yiseul almost had a panic attack when Hyunjun popped out of nowhere. Though he already knew the answer from Joey, he just wanted to talk to his ex girlfriend.

"Yeah." Yiseul answered without looking at him.

"Isn't it too late to be doing this at this hour?" Hyunjun continued with a tint of concern in his tone.

"Nope." Yiseul plainly answered.

Hyunjun scratched his neck with his pursed lips. She's totally avoiding me. "Anyways, I just remembered. It was kind of suspicious that the culprit had a cast but wasn't limping."

Yiseul frowned. "Could it be that he hid it inside the cast? Just like 'Suspicious Partner' drama?" She mumbled to herself as she tapped her lips, pondering hard.

"What drama?" Hyunjun asked the only thing he caught.

"Nothing." Yiseul answered almost immediately. Right, his injuries could be a lie. "Thanks." She did not forget to thank Hyunjun for updating her on what he had witnessed.

"I'll accompany you." Hyunjun offered.

Yiseul shook her head, still not meeting his eyes. "It's my job."

"What if he comes?" Hyunjun continued as he followed Yiseul closely.

"Then I'll fight back." She nonchalantly replied.

There was a moment of silence before Hyunjun spoke again. "You've changed."

"Oh, you know me?" Yiseul fished out her phone to distract herself.

"Noona-"

"Ahhh, I'm hungry~" Yiseul cut off as she surfed the internet on her phone. "What's there to eat...."

Hyunjun stopped walking and grabbed her wrist, pulling her back from taking more steps.

Yiseul was so annoyed that she almost cursed but she lost it when she met his eyes once again.

"Kang Yiseul." Hyunjun softly called her name out.

Instead of replying or avoiding, she just looked into his eyes which she could not decipher. He's clearly mad but his tone isn't. And her heart started to beat furiously once again.

↬↬↬↬↬♡↫↫↫↫↫