"Yeah that's what I thought. I'll call you later Odell." I said.

"Wait!" Duke said.

"What." I replied with an attitude.

"How long you gone be mad ma? I can't take this treatment from you. I need attention." He said.

"Well go get it from somebody else... like Eisha." I said rolling my eyes.

"Come on man." He said.

"I don't wanna talk to you anymore Duke. Where Ryan at?" I asked.

"I'm right here sis." He said taking the phone.

"Damn am I the only one who went home?" I asked.

"Yup." He said.

"Y'all staying down there for thanksgiving?" I asked.

"Yeah we was just gone chill but we got invited to yo friends little gathering. They said something about friends-giving." He said.

One thing about Summer and Kelsey is they gone be in them niggas faces.

My thing is nobody thought to tell me anything. Again. I was really getting sick of being out the loop.

"Oh... for real? Who all gone be over there?" I asked not really caring.

"Yo two homegirls and a few of our homeboys." He said.

"Before you say anything ma." Duke said. "I told them not to invite you."

"Why?" I asked with an attitude.

Cause who the fuck is he and why they listening to him?

"Because I knew how much you wanted to go home and spend time with ya ma.. maybe see ya pops too. I didn't want us to get in the way of that." He said. "We can always do it again next year."

Okay... that made sense a little bit.

"I guess." I said.

"You not mad right?" He asked.

"I guess not. Y'all straight." I said.

There was a knock at my door interrupting our conversation.

"Look Ima call y'all later on this week and see how this friends-giving thing went." I said.

"Aight. Text me back ma." Duke said.

"I'll think about it." I replied and hung up.

"Come in." I said.

The door opened revealing a childhood friend of mine, Malik.

"Oh wow. Is that Mj?" I asked sarcastically.

"The one and only. Come show a young nigga some love." He said with his arms out.