We stare into each other's eyes for a little longer before he slowly lets go of my fingers, dropping his tiny arm back down to his side as he slumped into his little hammock. He looked upset. I furrow my brows and straighten my back out. I watch as he closes his eyes, settling in his little hammock. 

As I stared at him, I couldn't help but think about what he thought about when I was gone. I had practically disappeared from his life for two years. I was surprised that he even showed any signs of remembering who I am. I wondered if he even understood what happened those two years ago. Did he really understand the situation? Or had I just been another person to disappear from his life without a proper explanation? Was he able to sense that I was still alive and exploring the galaxy?

I shake my head to clear my clouded thoughts, feeling the connection start to fade between us. I let out a small sigh and then step into my room, letting the door slide shut behind me as I let the connection fade a little more. 

I take a seat on my bed, pulling my bag up onto the mattress as I settled down. My hand fishes out a small holotransciever from the bottom of my bag, lazily tossing it up onto the mattress. I nervously rub my hands along my leg before pressing one of the buttons on the top of the small device. A small camera pops out and turns to face me, making me inwardly cringe. I've never really felt comfortable with staring into a camera and talking. It just felt unsettling to me. 

"Hey Leia," I start, letting out a small sigh as I looked away from the camera for a short moment. I clear my throat, straightening my shoulders out before speaking again. "I know it's been a good month or so since I've sent you a proper message and I'm really sorry about that. I've just been a little busy with running the club in Canto Bight as well as keeping up with all the fights on my card. Plus, you haven't really called me or my squadron in for any secret New Republic operations, so..."

I shift around on my bed, pursing my lips as I thought about the correct way to word what it was I wanted to say. I wanted to tell her everything that had happened in the past few days, but I struggled with what I really wanted to tell her and what I wanted to keep to myself. 

"Alright, I'm just gonna get straight to the point so I can stop wasting your time because I'm sure you have other senator duties that you would much rather be doing right now. So, I know that I told you that I didn't want anything to do with the little Jedi academy thing that Luke was trying to start- and personally, I still don't- but I'm in a bit of a predicament and I'm having a little trouble finding a good solution," I continue, knowing that I was still talking even though I told her that I was going to get straight to the point. 

Since Leia and Han had been the ones that I ended up flying to after escaping that wretched planet I had been stuck on, they were the first to know the story of what happened. Well, it was more like they knew about my half of the story. 

I haven't really had the time to message them and tell them what really happened. I haven't had the time to explain Mando's part of the story. And now I was stalling so much because I just know that Leia was going to have a few words that she was going to want to share with Mando the moment she got to meet him. 

"I'm not really sure if you remember all the stories that I told you of this little force sensitive kid that I saved alongside the Mandalorian I had married. You know, the one that kind of left me stranded on that planet two years ago? By the way, it turns out that he kind of thought that I had been dead for the past two years- Anyway, that's beside the point! What I'm trying to say is that I found them. Well, it's more like they found me," I say, letting a sigh trail my frantic rambles. 

I closed my eyes for a few moments, not really knowing what I was trying to ask her right now. I should've sorted my thoughts out before even making this message. 

Armored Passion | The MandalorianOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara