Chapter 1

Veronica sat in the backseat of her mother's new SUV with her palm smushed firmly onto her face, staring out the window to avoid conversation with her mom. What little belongings she did have were stashed away carelessly in the back of the vehicle. It felt like she was being sent away because she wasn't wanted in the family anymore.

It's all his fault. She thought to herself, silently fuming. Ever since her mom remarried a rich pompous jerk she was like a completely different person and with her perfect new step siblings she was no longer needed in the picture.

Veronica twirled her long jet black hair on her fingers, her nails were painted a dark silver color. In recent years since her real father died when she was only fourteen she had been severely depressed so she stopped taking pride in her appearance as much, she no longer had the energy to do anything. In fact she couldn't even remember what it was like being happy, so she lost all of her friends, stopped wearing makeup or doing her hair, and most importantly stopped being that perfect gymnastic star her mom wanted her to be. Only months before her father died she earned her first Gold Medal, oh how happy her mom was, living her gymnastic career through her perfect daughter.

Now three years later, a Junior in highschool, barely through her first semester, she got shoved in the background while her mother got to live the life she always wanted; and that life didn't include Veronica, the offspring from a previous marriage. Her father was dead, but so was her relationship with her mother.

"We're here." Her mother said lifelessly, putting the vehicle in park. "Get your bag and get out."

Veronica didn't have to be told twice, without even a word of goodbye she grabbed her luggage and left the vehicle, watching as her mother sped away to go live the life of Luxury she had always dreamed about.

She turned around and stared at Wyndsor Academy where she'll be spending the rest of her days until she graduates. It was bigger than any college campus she had ever toured, with multiple buildings and dorms. "Well this is going to suck." And with that she dragged her luggage up the steps and into her new life.