Without responding, a mask of confusion appears on his face while Brena pulls her curls into a ponytail.

"Yeah. It's a whole bunch of shit that you missed so when I get back, I'll tell you everything after you've told me about your trip." She places the cap over her lip-gloss after applying it on.

"Okay. Do you want me to give you a lift?" Desmond offers, grabbing Brena's arms as she walks past him to collect her phone.

"Are you crazy?" Brena frowns. "You need to rest." She strokes his face, standing in between his legs. "I still have leftovers from last night's dinner so you can eat that if you don't mind eating dinner for breakfast."

"You're amazing." He plants a kiss on her forehead. "Ugh!" He sighs loudly. "It feels good to be home."

Brena goes to unplug her phone from the charger and tucks it inside of her pocket. As she and Desmond exit the bedroom, she hooks her diamond cross around her neck.

"I like your style. You look nice." Desmond compliments her.

"Thank you. You're not so bad yourself." She smiles.

When they walk into the kitchen, Brena opens the fridge to take out a bottle of water while Desmond loosens up his tie and goes to the living room to sit down. Lillian's text message comes in, pinging loudly through Brena's phone. She unlocks her phone and reads the text.

I'm here.

She closes the steel fridge and strolls over to Desmond. "I'm happy you're back but I really gotta go. Bye." She quickly peeks his left cheek and heads out the door.

"Bye." He shouts, sighing defeatedly as the slamming sound of the door echoes after she leaves. "I love you." He whispers, staring at the door like a lost puppy without its owner wishing he said it sooner.

Lillian is standing in the middle of the lobby, wearing a grey t-shirt, black leather jacket, ripped blue denim shorts, and black Burberry slides. Her blonde curly hair is in a messy afro with dark sunglasses seated on top of her head and there are no accessories in sight.

Very unlike her.

Bleary-eyed, Lillian looks like a walking zombie. Her aura seems dull when Brena sets her eyes on her after stepping out of the elevator. "Why didn't you wait in the car?" Brena asks, approaching Lillian.

"I wanted to see how the inside looks." Lillian smirks, hugging Brena.

Pursing her lips, Brena shakes her head at Lillian as they break apart. "Of course you did." She says sarcastically.

"Ready?"

Brena nods. "Yeah let's go."

As they cross the street to Lillian's grey Audi coupe, Brena takes a double look at Lillian, whose hands are twitching uncontrollably, attempting to bring out the car key out of her pocket.

"Are you okay?" Brena asks with concern.

"Yup. Do I not look okay?" Lillian replies curiously, entering the car.

"There are bags underneath your eyes and they're kinda red too. You look exhausted and you're shaking." Brena says, pointing to Lillian's shaky hands that are now gripping the steering wheel.