(25) Mark is acting awkward...again

Start from the beginning

Ivy left Pang in the hallway, astounded at how easily Jaemin had let the girl in while she, his girlfriend, didn't even receive a chance to talk to him.

"You're acting like a child, Jaemin." Ivy began, closing the door behind her as she watched Jaemin reading a book in his bean bag. She threw herself into another, opposite side of his. "All this, because we've kissed?"

Now that she was close to him it was far easy to observe the boy discreetly. Jaemin had his legs crossed in his black bean bag, his hair was even messier than usual and his sweater was brand new. His fingers ran through the books of his pages, ignoring the girl in front of him.

"Jaemin." She spoke again. He looked up from his book, annoyed at her presence.

"What."

Ivy rolled her eyes. "Are you serious? You're locking yourself in here for what?"

"None of your business, Zhong-"

"It is. I kissed you and you kissed me back. Now you're not talking to anyone because you're embarrassed that Mark saw."

"Like I told you, none-"

"Oh, for fuck's sake, Jaemin. I don't care." She stood up boldly. He raised his eyebrow, not wanting to admit that he was indeed enjoying the way she was talking back, not shying away like his girlfriend.

"Only Mark and Yeji know about this." Ivy sighed, walking towards him. She was unaware of the fact that there was a large book on the ground, waiting to be read. Just as she was about to take another step, her foot had decided to fail her and tripped over the book, causing the poor girl to fall right on Jaemin, who had to throw away his book to catch her.

Time seemed to run twice as slow when she was falling. A pair of arms caught her before she could crash right into his chest.

"Do you have a thing for me?" Jaemin asked, laying comfortably in his bean bag while Ivy tried to catch up on her breathing. "You keep causing a mess whenever I'm around."

"It's because I am a mess, idiot." She mumbled, lifting her head to look at him.

"Oh," he said. "I remember now, what do you mean by 'turning back the time' ? You told me things that made no sense to me. You were drunk so I figured you were telling the truth."

"Seriously, Na." Ivy rolled her eyes again. "We're going to have a discussion while I'm on top of you? Right now? Like this?"

"Well, do you prefer me on top instead?" He tilted his head to the side before switching positions, not letting her answer. "Better?"

Flustered, Ivy couldn't find the right words to express how she was feeling at the moment as Jaemin watched her closely. She gulped, mentally scolding herself for standing up and wanting to talk to Jaemin.

"You do realise that you're cheating on her, don't you?" Ivy questioned, cupping his cheek with her left hand, stroking the skin with her thumb.

Jaemin sighed, closing his eyes. "I'm planning to break up. The guilt has been eating me alive. That's why I'm doing this, locking myself up."

"She's hurt." Ivy whispered. "Because of me. I'm the reason why-"

"No. Listen Zhong, if I can kiss another girl while already having a girl in my life means that she's not the one. If I really liked her at all, I wouldn't dare to kiss another girl. Pang deserves someone better, someone who's not me." Jaemin no longer had a soft expression written on his face. "I'm going to tell her the truth. She deserves to know and to hate me."

"And me."

"She would understand why you did it. You were drunk last night and you're the most clumsiest girl in this world."

His words comforted her in a way, lifting up the worries she had built up in her heavy heart. She cracked a smile, finally understanding that Na Jaemin wasn't a complete jerk like she thought he was.

"I still hate you, though." She said jokingly.

"Don't worry, Zhong, the feeling's mutual."

●●●

●●●

Pfff those 2 aren't gonna date yet. I need a little bit more of character development.