s3 e8: "and we're gonna be two kickass parents"

Start from the beginning

"thank you" jackson softly praised, stepping forward and pressing two kisses on her forehead before walking to the bathroom, closing the door behind him. kelsey let out a small groan, waiting until she heard the sound of the shower water hitting the back wall to drop the bowl back on the tray, moving back down the bed and pulling the cover back over her head. she thought if she'd fallen back asleep, she could get out of a small lecture from jackson, hoping he'd just leave the food without making a big fuss out of it.

"kelsey" she heard his voice call out, bringing a small flinch out of her body. the strong smell of jackson's body wash hit her nose, bringing a disappointed sigh out of her. his showers were usually 30 minutes to an hour long, which should've been plenty of time to fall asleep, but with everything on her mind at moment, her brain couldn't sleep. it wouldn't. she was exhausted, and she knew the speech about to come from jackson wouldn't make it any better.

"hey. talk to me, sweetheart" he softly encouraged as he sat on the edge of the bed, placing a hand on her hip. she flinched at both his touch and the nickname. she knew his usage of the nickname wasn't like amber's yesterday, but ever since her confrontation with her, her mind wouldn't stop assuming the worse. what if she confronted him about what i told her? what if he did something to her, and she was hurt, right this very second, and there's nothing i can do to help her? what if i put her in danger by telling her the truth?

"you're not eating, you're not talking, you barely slept last night. what do you need?" she didn't know if it was the anxiety of not knowing whether or not she put amber in danger or if it was the hormones, but she snapped.

"god, jackson, would you just stop it?!" she exclaimed, throwing the cover off of her head and sitting straight up, watching as his eyes widened in surprise. "you're—you're—you're—you're smothering me, and it's annoying! you want me to eat, would that make you happy?" she asked, quickly grabbing the tall glass filled with the blueberry smoothie and taking a few sips, placing it back on the tray before holding her arms out. "are you happy now? you're trying to do this out of love but you're just being annoying, jackson! if you really loved me you'd just leave me the hell alone and stopped, smothering me!" she quickly pulled the comforter back over her head and turned to the right, moving to the middle of the bed, away from him sitting on the edge. she didn't mean for her words to come out so harshly, but she couldn't take them back now. she felt the bed rise back up a few seconds later, hearing his footsteps travel to the right side of the room, hearing the closet door angrily be pushed open.

part of her hated herself for yelling at him. he was being a good husband — an amazing one. but a part of her, the part that couldn't move past yesterday's events, didn't care. and it scared her. she loved jackson, more than she loved herself at times, and she desperately hoped he knew that she was just going through a lot right now, and that she actually appreciated him going out of the way to make sure she was always taken care of.

☁︎☁︎☁︎

𝐣𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐬𝐨𝐧, 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐝, 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐝.

furious even, and he hated it.

"hey. i heard about what happened with kelsey yesterday, how's she doing?"

he was never angry with kelsey. they rarely argued, and when they did, they always solved whatever problem they had right then and there, never going to work or bed mad at one another.

and he knew that she was going through a hard time right now, he really understood that. but between her always avoiding talking about their baby and her snapping on him this morning, he found himself relieved that she wouldn't be a work for a few days, so he wouldn't have be around her a lot, and he hated it. absolutely hated it.