Not Much Has Changed But They Live Underwater

It was a rare occurrence for Shota to have nothing to do.

His life was a never-ending cycle of teaching, patrols, dragging Midnight out of clubs when she was too drunk to realize she was still wearing her hero costume, dragging himself out of clubs when Midnight tried to score both of them a job interview, and so on. And through it all, he dealt with it by consuming copious amounts of black coffee, silently cursing out Vlad's existence, and logical ruses. He also dealt with it by carrying the small idea with him that every second he spent teaching was one less hero trainee that would die in the field, not that he would ever say it out loud, or even to himself.

But here he is, a cup of coffee on one side of him and one of the only people that could carry out logical ruses on the other, and he had nothing to use them to get through. No paperwork, no assignments, no nothing. He was actually free for once, and he had no idea what to do about it. Should he just be grateful and sleep for the rest of the day? Should he spend the next six hours trying to give Vlad a heart attack? Who knows, certainly not Shota.

But in all honesty, he should have seen this coming. It was like the perfect storm if you considered free time a storm. After counseling sessions last week, most of the kids here were pretty at ease, and they already had the whole weekend to think things over. Vlad was covering for all of his graded assignments. His patrol hours were cut down due to his new employment position. And most of the issues he and Midoriya wrote down had either been solved along the way or are unable to be done at the current moment. Like his extremely elaborate revenge on multiple people. So yeah, that's what brings him to now. Bored as hell and apparently wishing he had something to do.

God, what is wrong with him?

Probably a lot of things, but he'll save the crisis for later. Right now, he wants to forget his nonexistent sleep schedule and be busy again. Looking away from his mug of coffee, he spun in his chair to face the kid. The same kid who immediately looked up from his notebook, that now had an All Might sticker on it, as if he sensed his teacher's thoughts like a dog senses a tsunami.

"Problem child." The underground hero began. "Status report on anything you can think of at this school." Most would find that question horribly general and overwhelming, but this is Midoriya we're talking about. Overwhelming isn't a word that fits in his vocabulary.

"Hai!" The green-haired boy flipped to a page in his notebook, and Shota had long since learned not to question why the kid already had the exact information needed at the ready, "Snipe-sensei and Midnight sensei appear to have gone on an actual date last Friday." Shota feels like a matchmaker, "Mic-sensei keeps throwing overly enthusiastic thumbs up at Shinsou, who doesn't seem to know why," Yes, Hizashi has been a sort of enigma lately. The blonde man asked him a question about fostering a teenager, then immediately backtracked, not bringing it up since. It was weird, to say the least. "Kaachan keeps looking at me when he thinks I won't notice, and he's obviously failing, but the point is that I also don't know why and I'm starting to think I should stare back to see how he reacts. Mineta's parents tried to file a lawsuit but All Might just smiled at them and they backed off. Shinsou invited me to get coffee after school, so that's awesome,"

" Huh? "

"I just don't know why he asked me while hanging upside down from the ceiling vent." Midoriya pressed his pencil to his chin in thought, Shota's question falling on deaf ears, "I don't want to take away his new strategic mode of transportation, but I find it concerning how he was able to access them so easily."

"I would sum it up to the stealth training he started doing ever since he learned he would be transferring to the hero course next semester, but I don't recall teaching him how to break open ventilation systems." The erasure hero paused, and then very quietly muttered "But if he's leaving any traces of evidence behind, maybe I should..." The green-eyed boy continued with his report as if his teacher's comment wasn't shocking in the slightest. And Shota guessed it wouldn't be to anyone who's been in his presence for longer than ten minutes. Hell, even Hawks didn't flinch the last time he mentioned throttling the hero commission. If he didn't know any better, he'd say the red-winged man might have even agreed if the nod was anything to go by...