"look, we have something important to talk about. preferably now."

you rolled your eyes and had somehow maneuvered your way out of akaashi's grip and started to run to your classroom.

"and with about thirty seconds left to spare. that's a new a record, haiba-san. now please sit down." your teacher said to you as you grinned sheepishly and went to sit down at your desk.

now to endure the rest of the day without bumping into akaashi or bokuto. because if you bumped into akaashi, you'd have to talk to him. if you bumped into bokuto, you'd probably bump into akaashi since they're practically always together.

you sneakily checked the time on your phone and saw there was only three hours left of school, and then an extra hour and a half until you had to go and meet up with kenma.

three hours later

you were currently in a cafe, doing your homework, waiting for the text from kenma to tell you to start walking to the park you two had agreed to meet at.

your nerves had only spiked up as the time grew closer. you started fiddling with your tie and skirt, you chewed on your pencil and then started fidgeting with your fingers.

"god, why am i so nervous? it's just kenma. it can't be that bad...can it?"

your phone screen lit up. it was a text from kenma.

kenma: practice ends in five minutes, i'll see you in like 15
you: okay, see you then

you had gathered all your stuff up and started your walk to the park. you were lost in your thoughts, you started biting your nails out of a force of habit.

unbeknownst to you, nekoma's and fukurodani's volleyball club had a practice match today against each other. so you weren't expecting to bump into akaashi.

and yet you did.

"haiba-san, didn't expect to see you here. but as long as you're here, we need to talk about something."

there wasn't any escaping this so you decided to listen to him while you waited for kenma. akaashi started to look through his backpack until he pulled something out.

it looked like a familiar envelope...wait...it looked really familiar.

"oh shit." you whispered.

"look, i read the letter. and it really confused me why you decided to send it now since it seemed to have been written when we were in elementary school. the timing is almost funny because mai and i just broke up. i don't mean to offend you but, i'm just not looking for a relationship right now..."

his words started to fade away as you passed out.
dramatic? sure, but this was the moment you hoped would've never happened.

"woah! haiba-san! are you okay? hello?" akaashi said as he attempted to wake you up, waving his hand in your face.

luckily, you didn't pass out for too long and you came to a minute later. you sat up and saw akaashi kneeling down next to you with a look of relief.

"are you okay there? do you need water or something?" he asked you.

you shook your head at his offer, can't get any worse than this right?

you were so wrong.

kenma had started walking towards your direction and then you saw another familiar envelope in his hand.

"this can't be happening right now." you muttered out. akaashi gave you a weird look.

you weren't thinking straight at the moment so you did something very impulsively.

you grabbed akaashi by his tie and smashed your lips to his.

kenma stopped walking and stared at you two in shook. akaashi sat there in shock, not pulling away.

you pulled away and quickly got up and started running to your house. running past akaashi who was about to say something and past kenma, who still stood there in shock.

when you reached your house, you quickly unlocked the door and ran upstairs to your room. you practically tore your room apart looking for that goddamned hat box...you didn't find it.

lev had walked in, confused as to why you didn't wait for him to walk home together today. his confusion was quickly solved when he heard the screams coming out of your room.

"FUCKKKKK! THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING TO ME! WHY ME?! WHY ME?! WHY FUCKING ME?!"

you started to pace back and forth.

"okay, so the letters are out. how did this happen? who sent them? how did anyone else know where i hid them? more importantly, how did anyone know there were any letters to begin with."

while you were pacing, you got a dm from akaashi's instagram.

keijiakaash_: hey haiba-san...i don't have your number so i decided to text you on here. can we talk about the whole park situation please?

you panicked a little at the dm you got from akaashi. you had almost forgotten about the park situation. you face-planted onto your bed and laid there for five minutes.

"f/n! kenma's at the door! he wants to talk with you!" you heard alisa yell from downstairs.

your head immediately sprung up. you shot lev a quick text to tell alisa something.

you: levlev, tell alisa i'm not home.
levlev: you got it n/n 😁

you decided it'd be better to face akaashi than kenma right now so you answered akaashi's dm.

(username): fine...where do you want to meet?
keijiakaash_: (insert random cafe) in about 20 minutes?
(username) i'll see you then
~seen~

you had no other choice then then to jump out your window. you've done it a couple times since momo has a habit of waking you up at 4am and dragging you to convenience stores for snack runs and then to watch the sunrise.

now to face akaashi...oh shit.

a/n: do you guys think this is moving too fast? let me know what you think, don't forget to leave comments and vote. i like reading the comments, i love you all and i'll see you next chapter 😚💕