Chapter 8 : We Meet Again

Start from the beginning

...The Sibyl System wanted to punish me for something I couldn't control... But then Father created the pill that hid my Psycho Pass... Regardless, we could've been a normal family but...

You looked down at your feet, "Is there a way I could help more? After we get rid of the Sibyl System everything will get better, right?" He smiled at you again and replied, "Of course, then people wouldn't be categorized anymore. The criminals who haven't committed any crimes would be given their rightful freedom."

You hugged him then started heading toward the door. A few feet away from the door you turned around and looked him in the eyes, "Promise me that you won't die, you're my only family left. I don't want to lose you too."

Shougo smiled at you warmly and said, "I promise and don't worry, after I escape I'll call you when I can and we'll discuss how you can help more." You were overjoyed as you said, "Thank you, Shougo!"

After you had left you saw Toma walk in and close the door behind him. You looked at your watch and saw that Kagari had been alone in his apartment for half an hour. You quickly ran back to his apartment and rudely barged in.

You walked over to him sitting at the table, "I'm sorry that I was away so long." He shrugged and answered, "It's okay. But it's your own fault that your food is cold now." ... Hmm, he's not acting childishly... What's he planning?...

You smiled at him and while eating your now cold dinner. As soon as you had finished eating you looked down at his wrist where the metal bracelet was. While putting away your plate you asked, "Why do you have that metal bracelet anyways?"

He sighed and looked down at the bracelet, "It tracks where we enforcers go, it's a safety measure." You sighed in disappointment. ... Shougo is right, people like Shusagi are punished for crimes they haven't committed yet... who said they'd even commit crimes to begin with?... I would've been tracked too if it weren't for Father...

As he put away his plate you hugged him from behind and said, "I'm so sorry that things are like this are forced onto you." Kagari turned around so that your head was lying on his chest, "Don't be, I would've never met you if I hadn't become an enforcer."

You pulled away and smiled at him, "I guess everything has an upside." The enforcer playfully shrugged and said, "I guess, I'm just a glass half-full guy."

While rolling your eyes you walked over to the sofa and sat down. Kagari sat down next to you and placed his arm around you. You raised your eyebrow as Kagari said, "(Y/N)..." "Yes?" you asked while grinning.

He started rubbing the back of his neck again, "I like you a lot." ... I wonder if he means like a friend?... But why tell that to a friend?... You blushed and said, "I like you a lot too. You're one of the best friends I've had in a while."

Kagari started blushing wildly as he corrected his previous statement, "I mean I like you as more than a friend."

While looking into his brown eyes, you were flushed with a pool of emotions. You were happy, relieved and flustered. Kagari quickly broke eye contact while rubbing the back of his neck. You looked down at your hands, continuing to blush, "I like you that way too..."

The enforcer looked toward you, smiling like crazy. You returned his gaze while smiling back. ... I'm so happy... Who cares what the others will think?... It doesn't concern them anyways... As soon as the Sibyl System is destroyed they'll have to accept it either way...

You both leaned in for a kiss as he placed his and onto your cheek while placing the other onto your hip. While wrapping your arms around his neck, he gently placed his lips onto yours. You closed your eyes while trying to enjoy this moment for as long as you could. After pulling away you cuddled with him for a while.