We instantly clicked, it was honestly amazing the way we got along so easily.

"You wanna go to the skate park later?"

I was pulled out of my thoughts when I heard Jack's voice. I looked over at him and saw him staring at me, waiting for a reply.

"Yeah, sure." I replied. Our skateboards were always placed inside of Jonah's car trunk, just in case if we ever wanted to do sudden things like this to go to the skate park or just do a few tricks.

Jack nodded as the waitress brought our food. After a while, we finished our food. Daniel, Jonah, Kenzie, and Josie wanted to get ice cream so they decided to take Jonah's car to go to an ice cream shop. Jack and I took our skateboards before they left and now we were making our way towards the closest skate park. As for Corbyn and Louise, they decided to go home, to our house.

I kicked the hard concrete sidewalk as the skateboard rolled across it, taking me to my destination. Jack was behind me as I lead the way to the nearest skate park I knew by heart.

When we arrived, we wasted no time, instantly doing tricks in the skate park. This was what we do when we wanted to spend some time together or just bored out of our minds. Skate park or the beach, where we would usually surf.

We usually surf with Daniel and Josie, since they surf too. But sometimes, it was just me and Jack. We've been here for about three hours now and I was currently sitting on the side, watching him doing a random trick on a ramp, his curls bouncing as he did so.

I thought back to when I first saw him, when I first saw those soft brown eyes. At that moment, I knew I was going to crush on him, hard. I had never seen anyone so gorgeous. I could get lost in those mesmerizing brown eyes all day.

I never told anyone about my feelings for him, not even the girls. I'm pretty sure I did a great job hiding it. I knew the girls would never tell anyone about it, I trust them. But I still have some trust issues from a friendship in middle school.

Plus, I don't see the benefit of telling anyone. I'm not planning on dating him, even though I really want to. I know he doesn't see me as more than just a friend and that never fails to make me frown.

One day, somehow, hopefully he'll feel the same. I don't mind waiting for you, Jack.

Jack's POV
I picked up my skateboard and looked around for a specific green haired girl. I then saw her sitting on the side, looking at the distance, at nothing. I walked up to her and sat down beside her, putting my skate board beside me.

She didn't seem to notice me so I nudged her and she instantly looked at me.

"You alright?" I asked before she replied with a nod, looking back at the distance.

I sighed as I looked up, the stars shining in the night sky. I turned on my phone and checked the time.

10:11 PM.

Not too late.

I laid down and decided to stargaze for a while. Alex soon joined and we just laid there, not saying anything while admiring the night sky. I saw her close her eyes from the corner of my eyes and I moved my gaze towards her face, the night LA wind blew, making her slightly shiver from the cold.

But she loved it, she was smiling.

A weird feeling grew in my stomach as I stared at her smile. It was so soft and perfectly decorated her entire face. It was beautiful. Unconsciously, a small smile grew on my lips as I stared at her.

Wait- what.

What is going on with me.

I wanted to look away, but my eyes disagreed. My gaze was stuck on her smile and couldn't move. It wouldn't move. And honestly, I didn't want to. I didn't want to stop admiring that smile.

She opened her eyes, allowing my gaze to move towards her ocean blue eyes. It was equally beautiful as her smile. My smile grew wider at the sight before she turned her head towards me.

"What?"

I immediately stopped my admiring session and quickly replied, "nothing."

It grew quiet for a second before she broke the silence, "we better go back."

"Yeah, let's go."

-

"Night, Jack." She replied as she closed the front door. I walked down the steps and rode my skateboard, making my way towards my house. Suddenly, her smile filled my mind as the skateboard rolled across the sidewalk.

I don't understand. Why do I feel this way? I see her smile everyday almost every minute and just earlier I felt different about it. Alex was always cheerful and she smiles a lot. I guess I just took in how beautiful it really is tonight.

I recalled how the stars reflected in her eyes, how it sparkled when she looked at me. I couldn't explain the feeling I got when I saw her wearing that smile and when she looked into my eyes about 20 minutes ago.

Why am I thinking this way?

I was so lost in thought that I didn't notice a pole standing in front of me. The skateboard stopped rolling, hitting the pole as I fell on the ground. I groaned from my stupidity before I put my feet back on my skateboard and made my way towards my house.

I finally arrived after 10 minutes and walked inside. I placed my skateboard by the door and walked into the living room to see Zach and Danielle cuddling with the TV still on. I smirked as I thought of the teasing I'm definitely going to do to Zach later in the morning.

I turned off the TV and walked up the stairs. I walked into my room and closed the door before walking into the bathroom to brush my teeth and clean up. After I finished, I hopped onto bed, ready for sleep after a long day.

With her smile in mind.

--

Ayee I'm back. Been a while since I published. Anyway here's a chapter focusing on Alex and Jack! Hope you liked it. Vote and comment! Please ||

-jo