Promise Me -- Part 1

Word Count: 1012 words

Y/N's PoV:

I like to think about our friendship. Me and oliver, I love reflecting on it. It just seems all happy and nice. How we started, and how he got here. Where we are right now.

*Flashback*

"Hello! Nice to see you again! Can I sit here?"

It was our first year here at Hogwarts, and we became friends after meeting at Hogwarts Express.

I was there very early, my mom hates being late to literally anything anywhere all the time. Oliver had hopped on to my compartment after looking everywhere for somewhere to sit.

"Sure, what's that you're holding?" Oliver asked as I turned the newspaper for him to look at.

"Woah! You like Quidditch? I love Quidditch!" He said as he held up the paper smiling joyfully with bright eyes.

"What's your name again?"

"Glad you asked! It's Oliver Wood"

"Nice name, reminds me of someone. Oh and Y/N Malaerdo(A/N: it's pronounced Malerdo)" I said as he widened his eyes in shock.

"Pardon? Did I just hear you say Malaerdo? Like Allarda Malaerdo? Is she your mom?"

"Why yes, of course" I replied with a chuckle. I didn't really expect someone my age to know who she is.

"She was such an amazing chaser for Montrose Magpies and absolutely nailed herself a place in the Scottish Quidditch team and a place in the Quidditch hall of fame! How could I not know her?!" Oliver replied as he noticed people were looking at him when he finished talking.

We talked about Quidditch the whole dinner time and I felt like this was going to be the best friendship i've ever had and I will ever have.

*End of Flashback*

Me and Oliver had gotten closer over the past few years. He's been my bestfriend ever since. And we were like, inseperable. Like two peas in a pod, just like Fred and George Weasley.

We both made it to the Quidditch team on our second year, which was not really that big of a surprise but my mum did throw a big celebration about it.

Oliver was a keeper while I was a chaser. We killed it on every practice and every game we played.

In our fourth year, Oliver was chosen as Team Captain. Which made me a bit disappointed because I thought I would have been chosen for the position. But it didn't stop me from being proud of my best friend.

He ended up appointing me as his "right hand" like an assistant captain or so.

I remember the moment like it was yesterday. Which was the moment I knew I was in love with him. With Oliver, my best friend. It was in 5th year, we had our last match but we didn't win. So instead, Oliver gave a heartwarming speech to make everyone feel a bit better. And they did.

After all those stuff about Quidditch we went back to change. After we were all changed, me and Oliver decided to walk back to the castle.

But suddenly, he stopped...

"Yo Ollie is everything okay?" I asked walking forward to check up on him.

Suddenly, he grabbed my arms and pulled me into a hug. Butterflies flew inside me and I didn't understand that feeling so I just brushed it off.

"Thank you for being patient with me and dealing with me" And as he said that, I hugged him back.

"Seriously? You're my best friend and someone has to put you in your place and humble you" I chuckled and then we went back to going our way to the castle for dinner.

"Do you maybe want to go to our house this summer? My parents wanted to know if you'd like to spend the holidays with us" Oliver asked me.

3rd Person PoV:

"Erm, I would love to. But i'd have to ask my parents first" Y/N replied

"Oh no worries! Who could say no to this face" And flashing his big wide grin while she started walking again.

Summer was around the corner, while the school was trying to do a "secret admirer" thing to get some spirits up.

Oliver was getting chocolates, flowers and little gifts from girls left and right as well as giggles from girls from the other houses.

Oliver and Y/N are not together. But somehow, she's suddenly feeling jealous which according to her is something very childish.

Y/N's PoV:

All of a sudden, I was jealous. I wasn't acting like I normally did. It was childish, really. Him and I aren't together and I have to keep reminding myself that.

Every girl sending him flowers and flirting with him, and then him flirting back was -- I don't even know if I wanted to talk about it.

It stung like I had just been stung by a Bullet Ant.
I was suddenly hit with all the feelings I had for him. It didn't stop at all.

It wasn't lunch yet but I really wanted to sleep the whole day away. Me and Oliver just finished our last Charms exam for the year and so we headed to lunch together.

We were just about to reach the dining hall when suddenly a bunch of 5th year girls came up to Oliver and give him flowers while they tried to flirt with him.

He was so occupied with the attention from those girls that he didn't notice I had walked away from him to go alone myself to the dining hall.

Then I walked to my usual seat and sat down picking on my food. And as I was about to take my first bite someone called and suprising me almost causing me to fall off the chair.

Then I looked towards Fred whose voice I recognized.

"Why you ain't eating yet?" Fred said

"What's wrong" George said as he chimed in

"Nothing's wrong to me, what are you two talking about?" I said as I took a sip from my cup.

"Oh, Oliver isn't with you?" Both of the twins said in unison.