26. Kempinski Hotel Xiamen

Start from the beginning

"Report to me in 10 minutes! I don't tolerate unpunctuality," I emphasized every word, and after hearing her reply. I hung up the call.

My chest went up and down from the anger. I was stood by the window facing the beautiful view of Yundang Lake and Xiamen's night city lights. I wasn't aware of Hyeyoon presence right behind me. She was watching me in silence. I just realized it when I saw her reflection through the glass.

I turned around and saw her wearing pajama with her damp hair flawlessly fall on her shoulder. The anger that previously consumed my body suddenly turned to a familiar yearning and I barely holding the awakened beast up in me. The beast that found his prey right in front of his eyes yet he had no power to capture or claimed her.

"Did you just scold your secretary, Rowoon?" her gentle voice was like a soft melody in my ear. Which actually she was talking like her usual self, yet it strangely sounded like an enticing spell in my ear.

Hyeyoon frowned when she saw me only stood there watching her. Unresponsive to her question.

"Why would you do that? She must have been sleeping at this hour. You should've been waited till morning to call her," Hyeyoon walked to her bed and sat on the edge of it.

Oh?

I watched her every movement and saw her sat on the bed. As if she was inviting me to capture her in a single move and engulf her into sweet kisses all over her figure. I helplessly ran my finger through my hair and sighed in frustration.

My mind and body now were not synchronizing well, I realized that. I took a step forward toward her yet my brain was still able to warn me that this wasn't right. I would lose my dignity if I lost to myself this time.

I could already imagine how I capture her in one move and scoop her in my arms. Leaned her down to the mattress and tossed all those useless fabrics. The beast was now awakening. I could feel myself getting aroused at the thought. I cursed at myself silently.

I was half hoping something or anything could stop me right now, or else I'd actually come to her and grab her tiny body in one swift move and she wouldn't be able to do much with my power over her.

I was reluctantly hoping Hyeyoon would stop me right now. But to my surprise, she didn't even move a bit from her spot. She was seen watching me quietly. As if she was waiting for me to commit a mistake.

I was deliberately counting to three.

One.

If none of us actually stopping each other, I would just do whatever my body wants. I could care less about the consequences. My heart was beating erratically and I was afraid that Hyeyoon could hear it from afar.

Two.

She wasn't moving at all. All she did was sitting there. She was watching over me. Or waiting for me?

I moved forward a few steps and halted. I saw a slight sign of restlessness in her eyes. They were twitching. She was anticipating, that was the sign.

I sighed to the view and was cursing hardly to myself. Screwed dignity. I lost it already the moment I took one step closer toward her.

Three.

I was one step away from Hyeyoon when my phone rang loudly through the entire room. We both startled and she quickly fixed herself. She rose from her seat and moved away.

My breath was heavy. I looked at the phone screen and rage took over me once again. Seo YoonAh. Screwed her, really. Her timing was awfully bad.

I clenched my jaw tightly and ready to scold her again when I felt someone hold my hand gently. I looked down and Hyeyoon already holding my hand, preventing me to answer the call.